Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Announcements » Usertools has a makeover
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Usertools has a makeover  (Read 7143 times)
Colin
Usergroup Member

« on: December 03, 2006, 11:56:25 pm »

UserTools has now had a bit of a makeover, and should look more like the PUG site.

As the old layout was getting a bit dated, it was thought that it would be useful to give the UserTools site a facelift.

If there are any problems with it, please let us know.

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
Penny

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 12:20:36 am »

UserTools has now had a bit of a makeover, and should look more like the PUG site.
As the old layout was getting a bit dated, it was thought that it would be useful to give the UserTools site a facelift.
If there are any problems with it, please let us know.

Nice graphic at the top Smiley

Looked at the "contribute" page (re perhaps forwarding GH's guide re Webalizer) but couldn't locate the "contact the team" link it refers to.

If it's there and I've missed it somehow, just put this question down to the late hour Tongue  I wasn't sure what the "Quick Links" page was offering, either, until I scrolled right down - wd it be possible to shunt the http box up the page a bit?

Looks like you guys are putting in a lot of work still, good to see the Issue Tracker has also gone live now Smiley

Regards,

Penny.

Penny Rollo       Force 9 from 17/02/98       PlusNet from 2000 onwards     
Project HappyChild - free maths worksheets, free French-English
worksheets and 12 other languages http://www.happychild.org.uk
personal site www.pennymidasrollo.plus.com
petervaughan
Usergroup Member

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 12:39:04 am »

- The tutorials page says Tutorials Tutorials
- The service status box on usertools is more expanded (downwards) than on here.
- Each of the page headings could do with a <BR> after it so the page content does not start immediately below the page heading.
- on Service Status Email Updates, the first email address is shown too small (All emails will be sent from status@servicestatus.plus.com,)
- Clicking on useful links, the Home menu's selections are too far apart.
- Exchange status page content has a 10 pixel indent, and the actual entry box text is indented further still. Should all line up.
- Service Status RSS Feeds, Myplanet no longer exists.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 12:59:07 am by petervaughan »
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 05:13:13 pm »

- The tutorials page says Tutorials Tutorials
Fixed.
- The service status box on usertools is more expanded (downwards) than on here.
Will Look
- Each of the page headings could do with a <BR> after it so the page content does not start immediately below the page heading.
Fixed.
- on Service Status Email Updates, the first email address is shown too small (All emails will be sent from status@servicestatus.plus.com,)
Fixed
- Clicking on useful links, the Home menu's selections are too far apart.
Fixed
- Exchange status page content has a 10 pixel indent, and the actual entry box text is indented further still. Should all line up.

Hmm, will fix if I can find what generates that Smiley
- Service Status RSS Feeds, Myplanet no longer exists.
Fixed

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 05:16:22 pm »

Looked at the "contribute" page (re perhaps forwarding GH's guide re Webalizer) but couldn't locate the "contact the team" link it refers to.

Oversight on my part. Fixed.

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Graham W

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 06:53:09 pm »

It seems that the Exchange Checker is broken in IE5.5. The page is very wide and has no content in the centre part.

It renders well in Firefox 1.5 though.
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 06:55:43 pm »

It hasn't just fallen off the bottom of the page has it? I'll take a look at it if I can find a machine with IE5.5 on it,

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Penny

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 03:55:44 pm »

Oversight on my part. Fixed.

Tks Smiley  though the link comes up (IE6 I think) middle of bar near top rather than the "right hand corner" referred to in the text.

Clicked the "contact" page and got (further down the page the middle of which is largely blank) the following:

Please fill in the values below, at which point, you message will be sent to the author of the following tool.

Contact the team.

Please be aware, that the author may not actively monitor his/her mailbox.
As such, you may find it easier to post in the PlusNet forums, or on the PlusNet forum on ADSL Guide.

Just a little surprised at the instructions Smiley  Could the PUG forums not be linked from this?

Regards,

Penny.

Penny Rollo       Force 9 from 17/02/98       PlusNet from 2000 onwards     
Project HappyChild - free maths worksheets, free French-English
worksheets and 12 other languages http://www.happychild.org.uk
personal site www.pennymidasrollo.plus.com
wildmind
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 04:07:36 pm »

Content on Usertools is as it has been for the last few years. All that is changed is the template used.

Hopefully some content will get tidied up in the near future.
MauriceB
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 04:16:35 pm »

Clicked the "contact" page and got (further down the page the middle of which is largely blank) the following:

Please fill in the values below, at which point, you message will be sent to the author of the following tool.

Contact the team.

Please be aware, that the author may not actively monitor his/her mailbox.
As such, you may find it easier to post in the PlusNet forums, or on the PlusNet forum on ADSL Guide.

In IE7  this portion of text is offset to the right and overflows the RHS page margin?

Maurice
Graham W

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 05:17:19 pm »

It seems that the Exchange Checker is broken in IE5.5. The page is very wide and has no content in the centre part.

It renders well in Firefox 1.5 though.
It hasn't just fallen off the bottom of the page has it? I'll take a look at it if I can find a machine with IE5.5 on it,

Ah, yes it is located below all the left side menus. The page is about 2.5 times wider than the screen at 1024x768 and the right hand stuff (menus) is all over the place but still at the right.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: