Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Announcements » PUG Interviews Al Wyse
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: PUG Interviews Al Wyse  (Read 7527 times)
wildmind
« on: November 30, 2006, 02:41:58 pm »

The PlusNet UserGroup are pleased to present our first ever video interview. On the 28th October we were able to sit down with Al Wyse and spent over half an hour talking about issues such as Traffic Management, CSC and more.

For more information, and to download the video, click here.

Tam

100Mb via Enta.net :D

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 05:02:52 pm »

66mb! and over 1 month old ...!

Are you sure PlusNet have the bandwidth for us to download a whole 66mb during peak time?

* Tam wonders when shaping of usergroup.plus.net begins!

wildmind
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 05:12:49 pm »

One month old because I have a lot on at the moment and didn't have time to get it sorted!
Tam

100Mb via Enta.net :D

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 08:16:31 pm »

One month old because I have a lot on at the moment and didn't have time to get it sorted!

That's plusnets excuse isn't it? :p

glloyd

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 12:50:49 am »

A very informative interview and well carried out. Look forward to the next one. Thanks.

Regards

George
Inactive

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 12:57:26 am »

Isn't " Wyse " a bit of an unfortunate name for a PN employee ?..... grin
Jaowon

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 09:55:22 am »

<cynic> Was that rehearsed? </cynic>
wildmind
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 09:57:25 am »

Far from it.... we were due to interview someone else but they couldn't make it at the last minute so Al stepped in and we had to improvise a whole new set of questions and go for it straight away.

If it was rehearsed don't you think the Mic levels etc would have been sorted.... and I'd have said "erm" a LOT less!!!
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 10:30:23 am »

There was also still a lot of building work going on outside, full skips flying past the windows on cranes and iirc, everyone was really hungry by that point of the day!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next one of these PUG do too...

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
Ultra

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 05:49:33 pm »

If it was rehearsed don't you think the Mic levels etc would have been sorted.... and I'd have said "erm" a LOT less!!!
Just out of interest, whose voices from PUG did we get to hear (***) (I guess one was Kitz {esp on capacity} and clearly one was you, though I suspect only you noticed the 'erm' - I certainly wasn't counting as such 'noise words' tend to be screened out in natural conversation... though the electrical noise from a mobile {I assume} was definitely noticeable, but very brief, fortunately smiley )  Certainly, you need to put a mic directly in front of Kitz next time ! 

I was pleased to see such an interview - I really doubt most other ISPs would ever be willing to put a director in front of potentially hostile (I jest) cross-questioners, especially after the turmoil PN has been in over the past year or two (thinking back to the 'heavy downloader' pipe in Oct/Nov 2004 as a starting point).

(***)  embarassed .... Just went back to WMP and saw the end of the clip (I had been listening while typing... nice as he is, I didn't really need to watch Al to follow the interview, so the end credits were out of sight when I submitted the posting).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 06:18:20 pm by NetGuy »
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 10:26:51 pm »

The only people from PUG in the Interview were Mike and Kitz, Chris and I did a lunch run for us and them while they were doing it.

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
kitz

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 06:35:03 pm »

>> though the electrical noise from a mobile {I assume}

It was actually building work that was being carried on in and around the new premises.  The building in which PN is now housed isnt fully completed and there was a fair bit of construction work going on - despite it being on a weekend.
The noise was coming from outside where there's massive cranes etc, and there wasnt anything we could do about it.

The noise was pretty distracting at points and tbh I think Al coped with it quite well - I think the most obvious point was at around 30 secs into the interview where he actually said something about "unfinished building".

Dont forget the Geeks!
kitz 2005
octafish

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 10:28:28 am »

Very well done to PUG & Al.

I thought that Al came across as honest and direct, and I feel I have a better understanding of matters such as the BT takeover and where PN's going in the broadband market because of this.

More please even with the ambient noise....

Steve
Business user
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: