Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » how to stop the baliffs without spending 4 hours on hold
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to stop the baliffs without spending 4 hours on hold  (Read 4731 times)
AlfieNoakes
« on: November 27, 2006, 10:59:08 am »

having left PN because of an appalling service plus net are chasing me for one months broadband rental which i refuse to pay and have received a letter stating that unless i pay ther debt will be passed onto a recovery agency. i have already told them i will not be paying them because:

The 3 weeks i was without any broadband service at all.
The broken promises of when a service would restart
I tried to leave PN on 28th june and asked for a MAC key but was told over the phone that it wasn't possible to leave and in a support question that "further to our conversation unfortunately we cannot provide a mac key, as we are now providing the service in conjunction with an alternative service provider, we will escalate the fault to the provider as soon as possible, and hope for an early resolution"
No mention was made of the fact that zen or idnet could use a LLU mac key
For the remaining month of my service i had to endure a 33k connection instead of a 1mb that my contract was started as. i never asked to be upgraded to 2 or 8mb and have pointed out to PN that this invalides their T&C's.
Free dial-up was not offered until the 2nd OCT (my billing period ended on 10th oct).

PN want 18.99 from me which they are not getting, if they persist i will take them to the small claims court to recover the money i spent on 3 months of "broadband" that i didn't receive which is 53 of alternative dial-up and internet cafe fee's, 5 spent on hold to PN the 56.97 for 3months line rental for a service i never had (minus a percentage of whatever a 33k connection is of 1mb, i will pay the correct amount for the level of service i received)

i can't afford the time to wait an hour on hold to communicate with PN as they already know i will not be paying if they bothered to read the last ticket i had on my account.

does anyone have a mail address so that the right person will get to see my complaint (or the right person to send this to)?

if anyone from plus wishes to speak to me then look at my ticket history and get my phone number from there. 'Alfienoakes'was my username
godsell4

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 11:35:29 am »

You need to write them a letter, a real one sent by recorded delivery stating your case.

Clearly they can not charge for a service you were not recieving, or at least certainly if the service was not of Satisfactory Quality, you have statutory rights as a cosnumer given to your by the Sale of Good and Services Act, do a little reading up and see what power it gives you ... the small claims court is the correct place to go.

SW.

BBYW1/10GB
AlfieNoakes
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 12:08:57 pm »

letter being sent tomorrow morning stating the above reasons, i have a complaint with ofcom which i will reopen if needed, just seeing what PN have to say on here before i send the small claims court forms off.

if they want to argue the details i don't even owe them a full months money it would be a month minus the extra weeks notice from when i cancelled the second time. so what they think i owe them is wrong.
AlfieNoakes
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 02:35:49 pm »

well all sorted now thanks to a member of plusnet staff who could see there was no point in pursuing me for the account charges.
they agreed my complaint was a reasonable one, Plus have withdrawn any remaining charges against my account.

(they kindly offered to continue as a dial-up account to retain the email too)
mr_chris

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 03:01:26 pm »

At least it's been sorted. It shouldn't have gone this far to begin with though.

Glad to hear everything is now resolved.

Chris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: