Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » A classic example of "Who gives a stuff" ticket handling.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A classic example of "Who gives a stuff" ticket handling.  (Read 4176 times)
Loombucket

« on: October 15, 2006, 07:00:15 pm »

One of my customers requested that I sign her up for Plusnet ADSL (heaven knows why) and against my better judgement I did so, last Monday.  Now, normally the Order Progress will show within a couple of days an expected activation date.  It's now only one day short of a week since sign-up and no activation date has appeared.  On several previous occasions when this has happened it has meant that the order has stalled for some reason - often BT have rejected the order - and PN have not picked up on it.  Therefore earlier today I raised a Question....

[Support Wizard Journey]
[Track the Progress of a Broadband Order]

[Additional Information]
I signed up for ADSL service on October 9th. As yet there is no activation date showing in Order Progress. This normally means that the order has stalled for some reason and nobody's done anything about it.

Can you please check and ensure there is no hold-up, and provide an activation date?

Now, there are two acceptable answers to this question:

1> "Your order is proceeding normally, there are no hold-ups and your activation date will be xx/xx/xx."

2> "Your order has been rejected by BT for (yadda-yadda) reason and we are taking the appropriate action."

....right?

Nope, some lazy git at PN has come up with a third one... (name changed to protect the guilty)

Gorm-free Zone CSC Agent    3:50pm, Sunday 15th October 2006

Dear xxxxxxxx,

Your order has been submitted. Please allow 7 days for this to complete.

Regards,
Gorm-free Zone

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Freely translated, this means "I can't be arsed to look the order status up, so sod it - if I get this PITA customer to wait JUST ONE DAY MORE her question will be handled by someone else."

After all the BS we've been shovelled by PN stating that their CSC is improving the quality as well as the quantity of Question replies, this idiot's "who cares" attitude is just beyond belief.  After many months of suffering this sort of rudeness being handed out to me and to my customers I have finally had enough.  I've written to Carole Axe twice - no affect.  There's no point in replying to the ticket if that's the sort of quality of reply I get.  So, let's try something else.

I hope someone at PN is reading this, because here is the news....

The time is now 18:48 on Sunday October 15th.  Plusnet, you have precisely 24 hours to respond to this, after which I will name and shame this idiot on this forum if no answer is forthcoming.  Question ID: 20497161 refers.  You can PM me if you wish, or reply to the Question - I'm monitoring the user's account.

angry angry angry angry angry

I have the physique of a god - unfortunately it's Bhudda.
Loombucket

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 08:49:42 am »

UPDATE:  It's now 8:45AM Monday 16th, and guess what?  An activation date of October 24th has appeared in the Order Progress.  Something obviously went wrong with the order process as the  orders normally complete in half that time, but nobody's actually said anything.

Hmm....

Assos

Mad Student Barperson!!

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 09:30:51 am »

Perhaps for some reason the order hadn't been submitted through to BT so the agent did that for you but didn't explain the whole situation in his reply?

That would seem logical to me looking at the date the ticket was raised and the activation date...

Daniel McGiff

"We believe that if we provide a quality service, customers will stay with us we don't need a long contractual obligation." PlusNet (September 2006)
Loombucket

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 12:14:27 pm »

You could be right - that would certainly explain it - but why on earth could he not simply tell me so?  As it is, there's a weeks additional delay that remains totally unexplained.

Loombucket

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 09:11:19 am »

UPDATE: dmcgiff, you were right...

"it seems that the order had not been processed for some reason, possibly due to system issues wiht BT. "

....but it was processed as soon as I prodded them.  I wonder how long it would have just sat there stagnating if I hadn't raised the ticket?  I've had this with PN on several occasions - if for any reason the order to BT doesn't go through, the whole thing just grinds to a halt and nothing whatever is done about it until the poor bloody customer asks WTF is going on?

rolleyes

jelv1

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 12:20:30 pm »

UPDATE: dmcgiff, you were right...

"it seems that the order had not been processed for some reason, possibly due to system issues wiht BT. "

....but it was processed as soon as I prodded them.

Which makes that initial ticket response even less acceptable. I hope Mandy has taken the agent concerned around the back of the building to do some more "educating"!

jelv
Loombucket

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 09:15:02 am »

Here you go, Mand - borrow this educational aid with my compliments...

evil

dhookham
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 01:09:21 pm »

Here you go, Mand - borrow this educational aid with my compliments...

evil

Things have certainly changed since my schooldays

It's the PlusNet Way
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: