Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » plusnet bb phone
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: plusnet bb phone  (Read 4332 times)
amcclean

« on: October 08, 2006, 06:44:06 pm »

Like many others I am unable to make outgoong calls using bb phone (VOIP) I have posted to the general forums but PN have not commented.

x-lite logs on without any problem the error message is 408 which on checking states that the network server can't be found. It worked one day and then it went down.

No comment on status pages no comment from PN.

I wish to use the service like e-mail why can't it work for any prolonged period.

Can someone from pn please take a look.

A
scarymonkey

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 07:29:05 pm »

I am having similar problems today, but also noticed that I cannot make calls using Tesco Broadband Phone today either. Well technically I could until I lost sync and ended up with the current lower sync I have (3.7Mb)

Vince Marsters
gabriel

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 10:32:36 pm »

I have same problem with Plusnet BB phone service, Sipgate service works perfectly with same equipment. This service seems to go down at regular intervals with the same sort of problems then there always seems to be a long delay till Plusnet accepts that there is a problem gets someone to kick the box on the spot marked X and the service starts working for a short while.
If Plusnet are serious about continuing offering this service then they need to understand that the customers expectations today are different for the phone service from the broadband service and introduce protocols for monitoring the quality of service, responding to problems quickly, and posting service status announcements when there is an outstanding problem.
amcclean

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 09:37:12 pm »

Received an e-mail update today to say there was a problem and then tonight to say it was fixed. Two days after it was 1st mentioned.

A
LC100

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 06:27:46 pm »

Hi

Had the same downtime over the last couple of days with PlusTalk.  I know now why I get 120 minutes free, as it's impossible to use them up as the service is never working when you go to use it. angry

Loombucket

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 06:12:58 pm »

I visited a PN business customer today where I had set up Plustalk for them 3 months ago.  They've had to stop using it because voice quality and reliability were so bad.  Yet another unusable Plusnet service.

rolleyes

I have the physique of a god - unfortunately it's Bhudda.
bigrobcx

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 09:07:09 pm »

No luck for me either with PlusTalk. I tried making a call from the office earlier on a ClaraNet connection and had no luck at all. My phone adapter couldn't even connect to the service despite working on the same link previously. The settings on my box are no different from two months ago when it was working fine. I had DNS issues yesterday thanks to PN having insufficient servers. Irritating to say the least. In the end I gave up and built my own DNS service and that did save my sanity.

PlusTalk isn't working on my PN connection at the moment either. My adapter can at least connect to sip.plus.net but it occasionally falls off and reports that it can't connect. I thought that was being caused by the DNS being overloaded but i've just tried using my DNS service again and this time no such luck so it seems that the PlusTalk service itself is knackered Sad

To be honest it never has worked correctly. Since I started using it I've had to use sip.plus.net as a proxy so that everything works. If I used the correct one for my F9 connection, sip.force9.net, outgoing calls were fine but incoming always went straight to voicemail. sip.plus.net always worked a treat both ways until recently. Keeping in mind that both DNS names resolve to the SAME SERVERS. While it disconnects all the time and doesn't work at all on non-PN conections at all it's a waste of space  sad

This is getting crazy. First I suffer random PPP disconnects for over 5 weeks and after that gets fixed the PlusTalk service starts doing the same bloody stunt. There's only so much of this rubbish reliability I can take  angry
scarymonkey

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 11:40:14 pm »

I've pretty much given up with Plustalk now. I have an outstanding ticket for a problem with it that has just been ignored for well over a month now. Its mad really as if it worked I would start paying for the service rather than just using the free minutes I get with my BB subscription.

Vince Marsters
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: