Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Announcements » Comms Team Availability
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Comms Team Availability  (Read 3205 times)
lmartin

Comms Team

« on: October 05, 2006, 12:27:02 pm »

This is just a note to let you know that Comms presence in the forums may be pretty limited over the next 2 or 3 weeks.

The business is focussing very hard on the ticket backlog, which hasn't been going down in the last week. Obviously, with moving buildings everyone in the business has been very busy over the last week and while that is part of the reason, itís also the case that there are a number of ongoing issues that we know customers expect quick and detailed answers to.

For this reason the Comms Team have volunteered to devote most of our working time to working the more difficult tickets and helping in the massive company effort to clear the backlogs and get the support centre back on an even keel by the end of this month.  In addition, the rest of the business have also committed a large proportion of their time to do the same. All non essential development work is now on hold, and dealing with the backlog is our number one priority across all departments in the business at the moment.

Bob, in his Problem Management role, will continue to problem manage and we wonít let service status updates drop (I think this has been working well for us since Comms took ownership of this responsibility).

The CSC (and that includes Comms) will be moving over to our new home on Saturday so the next few weeks look to be hectic to say the least!  Please bear with us for the time being - our focus at this stage must be on reducing ticket and call wait times and on doing everything in our power to help customers with the problems they are experiencing.  Once we've overcome the backlog - the general levels should settle down and remain manageable.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and patience at such a busy time for us.

Liam Martin
PlusNet Comms Team
Inactive

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 04:39:53 pm »

Brilliant move.

I just hope that there will be at least one member of staff available to scour the forums for  customers that have specific problems.

Oh and good luck with the move.
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 12:42:39 pm »

Yeah - Bob Pullen is still looking through the forums in order to identify network issues (Which co-incidentally, we have the lowest recorded amount of in 5 months, with just 12 open netowkr problems today as supposed to around 70 a month ago) and other customer impacting problems.

Other than that, we're trying to focus on long standing issues with customers that have dragged on for too long and which seem to be going round in circles. It's been a hard week with both James Bailey and Dave Tomlinson off on holiday, but next week we really hope to get some traction...

If anyone does need anything in the forums they think we need to get onto as a matter of urgency, I'm never adverse to  an email in my inbox (iwild@plus.net) - although I can't always guarentee a personal response, I will do my best to sort it.

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: