Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Announcements » Mac Keys and Other BT Changes...
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mac Keys and Other BT Changes...  (Read 4741 times)
bpullen
Plusnet Staff

« on: September 27, 2006, 08:10:40 am »

Hi all,

This has just been comunicated internally so I thought I would give people a quick heads up about some Wholesale changes that are likely to be ocurring soon.

With the introduction of BT Openreach into the BT group there are a number of changes occurring within BT and in particular in BT Wholesale.

Over the coming months ownership of all ADSL circuits will be moved over to BT Openreach. Our contract though will still be with BT Wholesale.

This involves a number of minor changes as follows:-

The current format for MAC keys is - PSIDxxxxxxxx/<5 digit alphanumeric characters> where PSID can be BBIP, BBDS (DataStream) or FTIP. There will be a new format for MAC keys which will be <"L" 10 alphanumeric>/<5 alphanumeric> eg LBST1234567/DC22J. This is pretty much just an aesthetic change from a customer perspective.

Engineer appointments are currently in one of three 'slots':-
Mon - Fri 08:00 - 10:30, 10:30 - 13:00, 13:00 - 15:30, or 15:30 - 18:00

There will be a new format and only two appointment 'slots' will exist as follows:-
Mon - Fri AM (08:00 - 13:00) PM (13:00 - 18:00)

Nothing overly significant but thought I'd let people know in the event they don't already.

Kind Rgds,

scarymonkey

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 09:25:36 am »

Cheers for the info Bob, but pedantic mode on, isn't it currently 4 time slots being reduced into 2  grin

Also what kind of leadtime are BT Openreach going to be working on for responding to and attending faults please? (asked mainly because I have been waiting for a BT contact about my fault which was raised on Saturday).

Vince Marsters
kitz

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 11:13:22 am »

Thanks for the info Bob

Dont forget the Geeks!
kitz 2005
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 09:23:47 am »

I think fault response times are the same - They are all part of the contract we have with BT, so they coulden't change these easily.

You are right about the reduction from four time slots to two though. We're not the only people grumbling about that... I reckon only Ofcom would havre a chance of reversing it though.

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
mr_chris

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 10:04:09 am »

Unless (optimistic mode on) they book two jobs into one timeslot now, to allow for a job taking longer or shorter than expected at one site?

Chris
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: