Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Announcements » Clarification for Max Upgrade Procedure
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Clarification for Max Upgrade Procedure  (Read 10342 times)
lmartin

Comms Team

« on: September 26, 2006, 05:44:26 pm »

Clarification for Max Upgrade Procedure

Over the last week it has become apparent that there has been some level of confusion within the customer base surrounding our Max Upgrade procedure.

Prior to now, the Comms Team have been placing manual upgrade orders at the request of customers on our support forums.  Additionally, the Customer Support Centre have been placing manual MAX upgrades as per our standard procedure, which has always been to charge 14.99 where a speed change is required.  Customers who upgrade their product via the Portal have also been able to regrade their speed at the same time (to max) for the additional cost of 14.99.

As a result of feedback from Customers and the PlusNet Usergroup, we would like to announce a clarification to the procedure for Max upgrades.  It is important to note that Max upgrades will continue to be made available free of charge via the opt-in at http://max.plus.net

From today, the Comms Team will no longer be able to accept requests for manual regrade orders to Max via the portal.  We were dedicating a lot of our own time to processing these upgrades manually, and we were also waiving the costs that the business incurs for this.  Given this oversight, along with the volume of requests being made, it is no longer possible for us to be placing orders in this way.

The free upgrade programme is ongoing, but it will take another 8 weeks or so for the 11,000 outstanding upgrade requests to be completed and we receive hundreds of requests daily.  We also know that there are some customers that just really want to be max'ed immediately, so we've been doing some head-scratching!

We have therefore decided to implement a process via the portal help assistant that will allow customers to 'jump the queue' and have a regrade order submitted almost immediately.  Additionally, we have lowered the price of speed regrades from 14.99 to 5.00, which will cover the costs incurred to us for this.  I'd like to stress that this is not a change in policy.  Nor is it a 'u-turn' on the free upgrade procedure.  This process will run alongside the free max-upgrade programme and is an entirely optional process for customers who wish to be upgraded to the faster speeds much sooner.  You can still opt-in to the free max upgrade via http://max.plus.net and receive your free upgrade in due course.

In addition, the portal process for changing your product and requesting a speed upgrade at the same time, will be changed to reflect the lower cost of the speed regrade.  This work will take longer to complete, but we expect this to be done later next week.

In Summary :
- The Max upgrade programme at http://max.plus.net will continue and customers will continue to be upgraded to the faster speed services, free-of-charge.  An 'opt-in' request can be expected to be actioned within around 8 weeks, but once the backlog of requests is cleared, we expect this to be much faster.

- We are adding a new process to allow customers to 'jump the queue' and receive their speed upgrades within three working days, for the flat-fee of 5.00 to cover our costs.  This process is also available to customers via http://max.plus.net

- We can only accept the one-off payment of 5.00 by credit/debit card.  You will need to ensure that you have a valid card setup on your account and authorise us to take this amount.

NB. Links for upgrades for other vISPs.
- http://max.plus.net
- http://max.f9.net.uk
- http://max.free-online.net
- http://max.metronet.co.uk

Liam Martin
PlusNet Comms Team
Inactive

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 11:19:01 am »

Oh nice little earner, charge the poor old customer an extra fiver for something that others have had for free. huh

( or how to annoy customers even more )

....and there was I thinking that all of the spare capacity at PN was dedicated to sorting out the Customer Service mess, nope they are still dreaming up new ways of getting dosh from your pockets...I despair.
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 11:21:25 am »

Inactive,

That is a thought shared by many (myself included).

To be fair, it's like the 2MB upgrade process as well from memory... you could have it instantly for £14.99 or wait and get it for free.

Colin

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
Inactive

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 11:34:45 am »

To be fair, it's like the 2MB upgrade process as well from memory... you could have it instantly for 14.99 or wait and get it for free.

Colin

...but that wasn't taking place against a background of appalling customer service and existing customers leaving in droves, I would have thought that Plusnet Management ( if that is the correct terminology ).. would be trying to keep existing customers at all costs instead of this tactic that is destined to annoy many customers even more.
Jezjester

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 11:07:53 pm »

Why are we having to pay a 5 charge when I, and others like me, opted in several months ago and several times. Ian Wild even posted that those who opted in a while ago would be done and it was confirmed by James Bailey.

ianwild
PlusNet Staff

Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 01:03:56 AM Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yep - All the opt-ins are queued... I knew we had missed something off that post 

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support

JBailey
PlusNet Staff

Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 06:43:18 PM Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: ianwild on August 17, 2006, 01:03:56 AM
Yep - All the opt-ins are queued... I knew we had missed something off that post 

Ian

Or more specifically me.  Sorry guys.

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
PlusNet Customer Support

scarymonkey

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 11:13:27 pm »

You don't have to pay. The opt-in queue are supposed to be cleared in the next couple of months. The 5 queue jump gets you upgraded ASAP rather than waiting in the opt-in queue.

Vince Marsters
Jezjester

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 11:15:23 pm »

Yes, but we opted to jump the queue several times in the past and now if we still want it we have to ask again but hand over a fiver because they didn't do what they agreed initially
scarymonkey

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 11:25:02 pm »

You are in the queue jump already though. That is the queue they are currently working through and should complete in the next couple of months. It would be nice if they could list your position and likely upgrade date on the portal though.

I can see what you are saying about the 5 charge but the reality is you don't have to pay it and in the next couple of months you should be upgraded. The biggest delay has been because the upgrade process was postponed due to the technical problems it created.

Vince Marsters
Jezjester

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 11:27:25 pm »

Well, I'm not doing much on the P2P front at the moment so guess I'll wait the 8-10 weeks. Probably end up posting again in 10 weeks to ask what happend to the upgrade I was waiting for.
scarymonkey

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 11:39:14 pm »

Hopefully they will get through the list in that time, and from my current experience you might get faster downloads on 2Mb as at least you will be connected the majority of the time.

Vince Marsters
kitz

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 04:54:08 pm »

I see nps with a 5 queue jump fee, Id be prepared to pay it. -   Ive paid 15 before now to queue jump to 2Mb.

Yes it would be good if we got it for free, but there does have to be a line drawn somewhere I guess.
BTw are charging for some of the upgrades. 
Most of the "normal" upgrades go through on an automated script therefore it requires little manual intervention.

The queue jump process requires someone actually feeding the names into a script and these tend to take BT about a week to go through. Once PN have fed in via the script process and fired off to BT how ever many they allow to go through on that particular day.

There appears to be 2 ways in which you can request a upgrade (maybe CS can clarify this ?)..  1) the way where it takes BT a week, or 2) a modify order which if youre lucky BT do PDQ - next day depending on exchange.

If its done as a modify order and therefore needs manually feeding in to eCo then I really dont see a problem in view of man hour time involved.

I know James has spent many many hours/days/nights processing these upgrades before now.. so it is costing PN in extra time in manhours for the normal queue jump.

Could be worse... Wanadoo have recently charged someone I know 20 to put an order through, and other ISPs require that you start another new 12 month contract with them before they will put a max order through.

My friend is with BT and shes still on a 2Mb connection. 
1) because she doesnt want to pay extra to upgrade, 2) cause it would mean re-starting a new contract and therefore loosing the 6/7 pm discount theyve given her for the past 14 months cause shes on a carp exchange.

Dont forget the Geeks!
kitz 2005
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 12:10:15 am »

Hi Guys,

We've now submitted all the outstanding opt-in orders, and will continue to put through any new opt-in requests on a weekly basis. As such, we have closed the 5 queue-jump option, as obviously we don't want to be charging people for something they can get for free.

It does take a little while longer to get the upgrade this way, but we are talking 10 days at maximum...

Cheers,

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
billbow

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 07:23:17 pm »

I've a news item ready and waiting - just needs the other vISP info then uploading - someone/anyone.
http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,3604.msg44790.html#msg44790

Bill
MetroNet
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: