Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » "Your free dial number has been removed"
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Your free dial number has been removed"  (Read 3204 times)
WilliamG

« on: September 10, 2006, 12:21:36 pm »

Because I completely lost my ADSL connection for most of my first week on LLU I was (eventually) allocated a free dial-up number.

My LLU connection problems are much better now (only the occasional random disconnect)so I closed my ticket. I closed it not so much because I was satisfied that all the problems had been fully investigated or resolved,but because having an open ticket under the current climate is more of a hindrance than a help.

Soon after closing the ticket I got an email from plusnet to say that the free dial number had been removed from my account.

I really can't see the logic in this.

Surely the number is tied to my particualar line and account,so useless to anyone else, and the *only* reason I'm likely to use it is because my ADSL goes down again.

If I lose ADSL now, I'll have to go back to the frustration of using 0845 to report a fault and have the free number reactivated. I spent a small fortune in phone calls last time doing that.

|Shouldn't the free number be a standard 'stand-by' feature?

At the very least,there should be an easier way to activate it than having to go through the whole portal/raise a ticket/fault checker process.

Presumably if I kept the ticket open the free number wouldn't have been withdrawn,but then I'd have to suffer the constant fear of CS trying to 'solve' my connection problem without actually having understood what it was in the first place.
dtomlinson
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 04:33:01 pm »

Hi,

The free dial-up number is only allocated to your account while you have a fault open. It's added when you raise a fault (whether that's online, or by calling the support fault line) and then removed once the fault is closed.

The main reason behind this will be the limited availability of 0808 dial-up ports. We can only have so many people using them at any one time and the idea behind this is to provide a backup dial-up number in the case of a broadband fault, the 0845 number is still the backup dial-up number for other cases.

Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
PlusNet Support
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: