Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » A Favour requested from CS
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Favour requested from CS  (Read 5019 times)
IanTan9

« on: September 02, 2006, 08:54:29 am »

Hi

I wonder if when someone from CS has a spare moment they would be so kind as to check something for me.

I have a LinkSys WAG354G router, and this morning Saturday 2nd September I have had a few disconnections between the hours of 0730 to approx 0845.My DSL light which according to the manual is my connection to the internet has been steady but my Internet Light (my connection to Plusnet apparently) has been going out, but sometimes both fail.It is not a problem I consider worth helping to make the ticket system jam up worse,or to wait ages on the telephone for. So if someone when they have a spare moment can look and see if the disconnections between those time were my ususal "disconnection at customers request" or words to that effect it would be appreciated.

Sorry forgot to mention user name sunhouse

Thanks

IanJ
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 09:03:42 am by IanTan9 »
JBailey

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 05:01:37 pm »

Hi Ian,

I'm seeing the disconnection occurring because of 'user request' on our RADIUS server, possibly suggesting that your router was showing a wobbly.  I've seen it a few times with that model.  Not sure if it's a design flaw or whether there were issues at your end at that time.

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
Complaints Manager
Plusnet
IanTan9

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 05:15:23 pm »

I've seen it a few times with that model.

Thanks James...... just a small point do I take it that your observation is refering to a over a period of time and not just the last couple of days.
JBailey

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 05:22:52 pm »

I remember seeing something similar around about 18-24 months ago, where we were seeing LOTS of disconnections, which appeared to be caused by the router itself.

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
Complaints Manager
Plusnet
IanTan9

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 05:47:40 pm »

Thanks James

Just as a matter of interest and  in an attempt to eliminate variables: would this post (can't find the original announcement) http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=3181.msg38694#new have any bearing on the extraordinary bad time I have had over the last couple of days.Usually in the past I have had a few disconnections on one day then no problems for weeks on end but Sunday and yesterday I was barely able to keep an open connection for half an hour at a time....... however today I have not yet had a disconnection.Hence my thoughs regarding the BT maintenance
JBailey

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 06:13:03 pm »

Hi Ian,

No, I wouldn't expect that to have affected you in the way that you have suffered.  I would have expected a brief disconnection, but definitely not the number that you have been seeing.

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
Complaints Manager
Plusnet
IanTan9

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 06:16:01 pm »

Ok thanks James...... time to invest in another router perhaps  sad
JBailey

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 06:19:30 pm »

I wouldn't go that far just yet.

See how things pan out for the next few days and see if the disconnections continue.  If they do, I'd strongly suggest borrowing a modem from a friend or trying yours at their place to see if the problems continue.  If they do, then invest in new kit, rather than wasting your money on something you don't need Smiley

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
Complaints Manager
Plusnet
IanTan9

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 07:14:51 pm »

Good advice James..... it's just that under "normal" circumstances for me disconnections are so random and infrequent that I basically ignore them.How ever 2 days of more disconnection than connection made me sit up and take notice and try and find out what was happening and why....... I still don't know but the folks at CS are I beliave beavoring away at as when I posted the original question they reckoned they were able to duplicate what was happening and I must admit very quick to activate the free dial up number for me so if you could pass on my thanks to them it would be appreciated.I will wait and see if they turn anything up before I consider a new router.

Thanks for the feedback

Ian.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: