Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Help Me Migration Back
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Me Migration Back  (Read 4259 times)
annie1

« on: September 01, 2006, 04:24:54 pm »

I spoke to Accounts yesterday and was told that I could request to migration back.

Ticket Number  20167413 refers

According to the FAQ about Migration

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/network_suppliers.shtml?pn_session=ff0c7fbcb4eee070e33cf397ab11fbfd

Section 11. Any other customers on an LLU service who want to transfer back to IPStream will need to pay a 47 connection fee. If you want to move to another provider you will need to either cancel your broadband service or find a provider that accepts LLU MAC Keys.

I accordingly requested to be migrated back and paid my 47 yesterday.  PlusNet acted immediately and took the money but have given me no idea when the migration back is going to take place.

All I want to know is when... I am constantly disconnected and am forced to use an alternative ISP to get online.

The following is the initial response I got to asking to migrate:

>>[removed] CSC Agent 3:01pm, Thursday 31st August 2006
** INTERNAL **

Payment taken for manual migration back to IPStream. Please action ASAP.

Regards,
removed <<

What disappoints me is that I have been more than happy with the service that PN has given over the years, and I have had no hesitation recommending them - I've been getting referral discounts for the past couple of years.  Yes, they are a bit more expensive, but I've never minded paying as the service has always been excellent.

How long should I give PlusNet to migrate me back?  If it is going to take them a few days to arrange I can live with that as long as they tell me.

Given they have taken the money I think at the very least I should be kept informed.   This would stop adding comments to the ticket during periods when I am overwhelmed by frustration.

Annie

Agent's name removed...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 04:26:13 pm by Colin »
mr_chris

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 04:43:05 pm »

According to James Bailey's reply in another thread to someone else, it takes 1-2 weeks to get a MAC key from Tiscali, then another week for the order to IPStream to be completed.

That's just how long it seems to take, I'm afraid.

Chris
Inactive

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 04:47:30 pm »

But surely a custoner who I presume has already paid for a BT Activation at the initial outset, shouldn't have to pay again simply because the chosen ( by Plusnet ) provider cannot provide a reliable service.

That surely isn't fair.
JBailey

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 04:51:21 pm »

But surely a custoner who I presume has already paid for a BT Activation at the initial outset, shouldn't have to pay again simply because the chosen ( by Plusnet ) provider cannot provide a reliable service.

That surely isn't fair.
That's essentially why we stopped all new orders to Tiscali.

I know that in the past there have been countless issues, and if it helps it's horribly frustrating for me too.  We've initiated the transfer for Annie now, and I'd be happy to offer a goodwill gesture, but only once the transition is completed and everything is back up and running normally.

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
Complaints Manager
Plusnet
Inactive

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 04:59:25 pm »

Well James I can understand that your hands may well be tied on this, but if I was in Annie 1's shoes I would not accept this situation.

Surely a reimbursement of Annie 1's 47 is in order.

annie1

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 05:00:01 pm »

>>We've initiated the transfer for Annie now, and I'd be happy to offer a goodwill gesture, but only once the transition is completed and everything is back up and running normally.<<

Thank you very much James - that's all I wanted to know that it is happening....

You have restored my faith in PlusNet.

Annie

annie1

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 05:05:11 pm »

>>Surely a reimbursement of Annie 1's 47 is in order.<<

Inactive

I am sure everything will be sorted out in due course - at the moment the 47 is the least of my worries.   

I just want to get back to being able to use my connection when and how I want.

Annie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: