Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » VMBU 'other' issue.. still not resolved since ealy Augusy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VMBU 'other' issue.. still not resolved since ealy Augusy  (Read 2014 times)
Kritifile

« on: August 26, 2006, 10:35:45 am »

I have an ongoing issue with my bandwidth usage, specifically, over 3 GB recorded as 'other' last month and already over 400 MB this month, which is just over a month old.

It appears that the first two occasions that I queried were after I'd downloaded via ftp using a download manager so I could do it off-peak.

I have now come to the conclusion that it would use less bandwidth to forget download managers and download evenings and weekends, while I'm using my computer.

The CS agent suggested that the traffic was VPN, but I don't use it and my router is not configured to use it. I do use a small amount of rdp traffic to remote-admin a server, but I've been doing this for several years. This insane amount of 'other' traffic only appeared at the beginning of August, from August 3rd, and seems to be on specific days. Days when I'm not using any unusual network protocols.
He also said that there were no DOS attacks recorded. My router could be giving false readings, but it sent me DOS alerts.

If any CS agent takes an interest, ticket is ID: 20057069.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: