Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » A request for support/Comms team
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A request for support/Comms team  (Read 8088 times)
JBailey

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2006, 12:40:52 pm »

I have no problems with that personally Wink LOL

There have been many discussions about merging the portal forums - but there are loads of issues with that and lot's of conflicting views and opinions.

I'm more than happy with people coming here though :mrgreen:
Mike,

I really don't think the issue is conflicting views and opinions.  The issue here is that usernames are replicated across the different vISPs, let alone yours!  So that would add to massive confusion unless we were have have 'username_f9' and so on, but this would again add to confusion.  Imagine how many tickets would be raised about people not being able to log into the forums!

I don't believe it's a feasible option currently, but I do feel that the F9 and Free-Online forums are neglected. Yes, I know, very neglected, and there's only so much that we can do.

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
Complaints Manager
Plusnet
wildmind
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2006, 12:44:32 pm »

Oh - I know the main issue is the usernames... these people who have users on all vISPs are a real pain especially Tongue

However - there are still issues with users not wanting to lose "their" identity and wishing to retain their own vISPs feel, which is what I was referring to Wink
Inactive

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 02:11:00 pm »

Hi Inactive,

Essentially what Ian has said is correct.  The Portal Forums are the official ones, this is a third party forum run by a group of custmers, so not ourselves.  We do try to provide a presence here, but we don't see everything unfortunately, and I'd like to think that the PUGgers themselves will be raising support requests to us aswell.

Having said that, we've now resetup the Comms team (not VotC yay) and I'm currently filling a role of PUG and 3rd Party comms.  I do have other roles, so can't promise to see everything, but I promise I'll be doing my best.

Yes I accept that James, however that, as I said earlier, does not detract from the original point that I made.

Nice to know that the Comms Team has been saved from the humility of the now ( externally at least ) VotC yay and that your role will be covering forums, amongst other things.

Thanks for your input.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: