Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » A request for support/Comms team
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A request for support/Comms team  (Read 8093 times)
The Dude

« on: August 26, 2006, 10:26:43 am »

Hi,
5 and a half weeks and still no resolution to my problem.  I am still unable to sync the line with most connecting devices I have tried and the ones that will connect can only sync at 160kbps both up and down.  This slow speed also comes with hours of 'PPP negotiation failed, Chap authentication failed' and web pages timing out before they finish opening.  The latest on my ticket is that it has been escalated to Tiscali (for the third time) but that was four days ago and I have had nothing but silence on that front yet again and I'm fearing the worst.

Anyway, my request is more of a cunning plan to get broadband back with the least amount of downtime and cost to me as possible.  I've looked around and only three ISPs I can find will accept an LLU MAC and would charge me activation fees that I really can't afford and shouldn't have to pay as I have already paid activation in full years ago when I got ADSL with FOL(Plusnet).  The only other option for getting onto a new ISP that would defer activation costs would be to have a cease put on my line and that takes a very long time to happen as far as I know, also unacceptable.

So my request is this(got there eventually):  Is it possible to request an LLU MAC, cancel my account and then use it to rejoin Plusnet, taking advantage of the deferred activation fee in the process?  I don't really want to leave because if it weren't for this LLU migration that was done without my consent I probably wouldn't have had any problems at all with an ISP I have been with for 7+ years.  This plan gets me back with BTw and a working broadband service the quickest and doesn't cost me any extra, provided I stay with Plus long enough to pay off the deferred activation.  So how about it?

P.S., sorry for the essay, readers, but I thought it best to explain as fully as I could.

Adam. (Ticket ID: 19883340)
wildmind
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 06:42:40 pm »

Adam,

If you paid up for activation a year ago - then in my mind you are being totally screwed over if you have to pay again. That's always been a bone of contention for me as PlusNet will argue that they can move you to whichever supplier they choose (fair enough) but you had to pay for them to connect you to BT in the first place.

NB
Usergroup Member

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 02:27:15 am »

I seem to recall Ian saying Plusnet would look at requests to move from LLU back to BTw because of problems on a case by case basis.  I'd say 5 weeks is long enough to take Ian up on his offer and contact him about switching you back again FOC.
Inactive

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 04:15:26 am »

Well excuse me if I am wrong in this, but Ian Wild has been to this forum since this request for help was posted.

I don't see much evidence of his " Voice of the Customer "  reaching out to the OP, or have I missed something?
The Dude

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 04:27:09 am »

Yep,
paid activation costs of around 70 quid when I first signed up to broadband and then again when I moved house a few years ago and I really don't want to have to pay it yet again to have a working broadband service when it is definitelty not my fault that it no longer works.  I have asked twice since I was moved to LLU to be moved back to BTw but my request has been ignored completely both times and so I thought the best idea was to post my request in this forum as it appears the most helpful people at Plusnet frequent here.  It really is taking the pee when dial up is both faster and more reliable than the broadband service I pay 21.99 per month for.  Thanks for your support on this guys, your comments are most appreciated.

Adam.
mbeckett

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 08:52:59 am »

Hi Adam

I've raised a ticket on your account for you, please note the comments. Smiley

Kind Regards
Mand

Mand Beckett
Plusnet Comms Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The Dude

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 03:34:21 pm »

Hello Mand,

Best ticket(even Plusnet staff don't call them 'questions' ha ha) ever!  For those that are wondering, the ticket says that I will be moved back to BTw free of charge due to my problematic LLU migration.  Problematic is such an understatement.  I understand that this migration back can take a few weeks, probably due to Tiscali being involved, but I'm happy to wait now knowing that I will have my working connection back by the end of it.  Thanks to Mand and Dave Tomlinson for your help in this , I don't think I'd have gotten anywhere if it weren't for you stepping in to help.

Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 03:39:55 pm »

The Dude,

To quote from a recent PUG news article:

STOP PRESS: In a display of good common sense, we have just learnt that PlusNet are dropping the "Ask A Question" name and will be reverting back to the infinitely more logical "Raise A Ticket" as soon as possible!

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 05:54:11 pm »

Well excuse me if I am wrong in this, but Ian Wild has been to this forum since this request for help was posted.

I don't see much evidence of his " Voice of the Customer "  reaching out to the OP, or have I missed something?

And there is one of me and hundreds of posts in lots of forums... As i've said before, if I miss a post, or week of posts, it's not because I am ignoring anyone, it's just because I missed the post.

Hopefully one of the things the new team will achieve is to keep more a presence here and to free up more of my time time, but if that is apparent, I'd like to ask a personal favour of you all: My email address is iwild@plus.net - if you see anything you think needs an answer from me, and I appear to have missed it, please do email me with a link. Even if I don't have time to answer there and then, I will do my best to make sure someone does quickly.

Regards,

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
Inactive

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 11:17:53 pm »

And there is one of me and hundreds of posts in lots of forums... As i've said before, if I miss a post, or week of posts, it's not because I am ignoring anyone, it's just because I missed the post.

Well my simple answer to that is;

(1) This is the main forum for Plusnet Users.

(2) This Forum is not over used, it takes a few seconds to read all new posts.

(3) A customer sought help in the correct media, and you managed to " miss the post ".

(4) I sincerely hope that this is not what we should expect as the norm from the new  Voice  of the Customer team.

Anyway I note that Mand picked up the question and sorted it, so fair play to her.
wildmind
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 03:26:14 pm »

Actually Inactive - this isn't the main forum for PN users - those would be the portal forums.

However - these have one big advantage in that they bring together users from all 4 vISPs meaning constructive discussion about the whole of PlusNet giving a bit more of a feel for what is going on (hopefully)
Inactive

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 04:44:33 pm »

Actually Inactive - this isn't the main forum for PN users - those would be the portal forums.

Fair comment, it is still one of the main forums though, and the fact that this is not the major forum doesn't detract from my original comment.
thepuffin

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2006, 12:12:09 pm »

However - these have one big advantage in that they bring together users from all 4 vISPs meaning constructive discussion about the whole of PlusNet giving a bit more of a feel for what is going on (hopefully)

The portal forums are a complete waste of time for the exact reason you mentioned.  As a free-online customer "my" forums are practically completely unused and I can't see what topics are affecting the PlusNet community as a whole.

Until we get a united forum system for all VISPs I'd imagine that most people will view here as the first point of call.
wildmind
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2006, 12:34:15 pm »

Until we get a united forum system for all VISPs I'd imagine that most people will view here as the first point of call.

I have no problems with that personally Wink LOL

There have been many discussions about merging the portal forums - but there are loads of issues with that and lot's of conflicting views and opinions.

I'm more than happy with people coming here though :mrgreen:
JBailey

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 12:36:40 pm »

Well my simple answer to that is;

(1) This is the main forum for Plusnet Users.

(2) This Forum is not over used, it takes a few seconds to read all new posts.

(3) A customer sought help in the correct media, and you managed to " miss the post ".

(4) I sincerely hope that this is not what we should expect as the norm from the new  Voice  of the Customer team.

Anyway I note that Mand picked up the question and sorted it, so fair play to her.

Hi Inactive,

Essentially what Ian has said is correct.  The Portal Forums are the official ones, this is a third party forum run by a group of custmers, so not ourselves.  We do try to provide a presence here, but we don't see everything unfortunately, and I'd like to think that the PUGgers themselves will be raising support requests to us aswell.

Having said that, we've now resetup the Comms team (not VotC yay) and I'm currently filling a role of PUG and 3rd Party comms.  I do have other roles, so can't promise to see everything, but I promise I'll be doing my best.

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
Complaints Manager
Plusnet
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: