Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Respond to ticket 19980303 - have been waiting over 13 days for LLU MAC key
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Respond to ticket 19980303 - have been waiting over 13 days for LLU MAC key  (Read 7013 times)
adrian109
« on: August 17, 2006, 02:58:00 pm »

I have been wating since the 4th August to receive my LLU MAC key so that I can migrate away from Plusnet ASAP!

I have been asked twice whether the receiving ISP can accept LLU MAC key and I keep telling you that YES they can, but you seem to ask the same questions without reading the whole ticket.  You seem to just be stalling!!

I have even parted with 250 to cancel the contract early - but still no MAC key!!  I have tried to call the support number several times but noone is helping me.  Most of the time I spend over an hour on the phone still in the queue to speak to someone.  I spoke to a customer services agent on the 9th August who advised me that they had NO ONE at PlusNet that could generate me a LLU MAC key because as it was a trial process they only had one person trained to generate them and on the day I phone he happened to be on holiday that day!!  He has been back for 8 days but within that time still has generate me a LLU MAC key!!

I was told by acustomer services agent on Friday 11th August that I would receive my MAC key by that weekend.  It is now nearly another 5 days and no contact from PlusNet what so ever!! 

I have sent 7 comments to my ticket 19980303 since 8th August - NO ONE has replied to any of these!! 

Please will someone at PlusNet contact me and give me my MAC key ASAP.

Otherwise I will be taking legal action against PlusNet and taking back the money they have taken from me in order to give me a MAC key switch according to OFCOM must be generated and given to the customer within 5 days - NOT 13 days!!

Don't see why I should have to keep phoning PlusNet to get my LLU MAC key and incurr more costs to myself just for the simple fact they don't repond to my ticket online neither do they just send me my LLU MAC key and let me migrate away from them for good!!

PlusNet has NO customer support from what I can tell !!

Moderators Note: Agents Names removed - please don't post names of CSC agents - Thanks Smiley
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 03:09:08 pm by wildmind »
dtomlinson
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 03:18:13 pm »

Hi,

The LLU MAC key process is a trial and unlike the IPStream MAC key process isn't a simple task of of just clicking a button. It's an entirely manual process and while I'm sorry it's taking so long it can't be helped.

The Ofcom text you quote though doesn't actually apply. This is a voluntary code which we haven't signed up to. I will make sure your ticket is with the right people.

Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
PlusNet Support
adrian109
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 03:30:00 pm »

At least you have replied to me - no one at plusnet has replied in the last week or so!

Your right of course - all the major well known and respected ISPs that have a good level of customer service have indeed signed up to the OFCOMs code of practice; its the likes of PlusNet that feel that they have to create their own codes of practice as they cannot compete with the level of service offered by the other ISPs that have signed up to OFCOMs code of practice.

I will make sure your ticket is with the right people.

Why isn't my ticket with the right people now?  It has been through several customer services agents in the last 13 days - are they not compentent enough to get the right person/department (oh no it cannot be department as PlusNet only have one person who can issue them!) in the first place?

OFCOMs Broadband migration - Industry code of practice
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice/codes/bbm_cop/
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 03:34:57 pm by adrian109 »
Transmac

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 10:53:32 pm »

Just join the rest of us who are currently taking PN through the small claims court - I know I am not alone in doing it as the court sent me copies of other peoples claims by mistake  grin grin What makes me laugh is that they findthe time to write a defence to court papers within 24 hours of them being issued, yet it takes them weeks to respond to tickets, maybe they should take some of the resource off of responding to court laims and put them on responding to tickets - that would be a novel idea would it not  rolleyes rolleyes
Arthur

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 11:30:27 pm »

What makes me laugh is that they findthe time to write a defence to court papers within 24 hours of them being issued
The fact that they are responding means they think they are correct rather than giving in and not responding at all.

Your right of course - all the major well known and respected ISPs that have a good level of customer service have indeed signed up to the OFCOMs code of practice
The reason they haven't signed up is because there is an issue around collecting fees for deferred equipment charges which the code of practice doesn't take account of.

It seems surprising someone from PlusNet hasn't seen this and chased it up.

jonplace

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 11:38:21 pm »

I have sent 7 comments to my ticket 19980303 since 8th August - NO ONE has replied to any of these!! 

Moderators Note: Agents Names removed - please don't post names of CSC agents - Thanks Smiley

I fail to see how this ticketing system is more time efficient for PlusNet Staff than a simple 5 minute phone call that would resolve any uncertainties swiftly.

For example my ticket 9042638 on the 29 march 06.  I wanted to upgrade my account to a business account which could not be done online.  A simple 5 or 10 minute phone call COULD have had all the necessary questions and queries ironed out and the upgrade in progress.  But no, a game of ticket tennis took place from the 29 march till the 24 April when the upgrade was finally complete.  In fairness I could have went down the phone call route and sat on hold but I thought the Ticketing system was the way forward to get things done. wrong.

PN how can these ever lasting tickets be more efficient that a quick 5 minute phone call that would see so many questions resolved in a jiffy and most calls closed in a fraction of the time ?

Please look at your system, how many times do you reply to a ticket with a simple question to the customer and then have to sit on that ticket waiting for that customer to get back to you ? its the same for us.  We get back from work, reply to your ticket then have to wait till the following day (after work) till we see your reply.  A 5 minute telephone call turns into 2 weeks of ticket tennis.  Is it not about time you stood back and thought its about time you invested in speaking to customers direct rather than exchanging tickets for weeks on end.
Transmac

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 03:30:47 pm »

What makes me laugh is that they findthe time to write a defence to court papers within 24 hours of them being issued
The fact that they are responding means they think they are correct rather than giving in and not responding at all.

Maybe if they got the CS sorted out then they would have no claims against them to answer?Huh
adrian109
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 03:40:13 pm »

I wonder whether PlusNet will manage to give me my MAC key before my one months notice expires with them?

Perhaps it would be quicker if they cancelled my broadband completely and for me to get a new connection from a proper ISP rather than wait for them to give me a migration authorisation code?
Ultra

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 04:48:09 pm »

Your right of course - all the major well known and respected ISPs that have a good level of customer service have indeed signed up to the OFCOMs code of practice
There must be about 200 ISPs offering ADSL, but only a fraction signed up to the voluntary CoP.  Anyway, PN hadn't signed up when you joined, so if you don't like it now, it's not as if the situation has changed in any way from when you first chose to use PN.  What made you choose PN?

Why isn't my ticket with the right people now?
I think Dave Tomlinson was only making the point he'd check on the ticket, not that it hadn't been with the correct people.  Probably not worth "shooting the messenger" as he's trying to help you!

Clearly this procedure for a transfer from an LLU service is experimental and you're one of the initial users, so cut them some slack, please!
adrian109
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 07:56:30 pm »

Why should I cut them some slack!!  I have given them 250 14 days ago to close my account and give me a MAC key to migrate to another ISP.  They haven't done a bloody thing yet!!  Not even sent one reply to my seven or 8 that I have sent in the last 10 days!!  They don't asked the phone for hours which I have to pay 15pence per minute for and they are cashing in and not releasing me from their sinking ship!!

BTW I have been with PN for years but since they transfered me onto a new supplier (Tiscali) my connection and PN have gone down!  If they had told me that inorder to get upto 8meg I had to be transferred to Tiscali I wouldn't have said yes to the upgrade!!
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 08:15:44 pm »

If they had told me that inorder to get upto 8meg I had to be transferred to Tiscali I wouldn't have said yes to the upgrade!!

You don't have to be transferred to Tiscali to get 8Meg.

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
adrian109
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 08:25:52 pm »

Well I was !!  I'm now using Tiscali LLU !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: