Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Network and Technical Issues » Major Outage in Telehouse North
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Major Outage in Telehouse North  (Read 47017 times)
Simon Day

« on: August 17, 2006, 08:58:49 am »

Morning Everyone,

just to let you know we are experienceing a major outage in our Telehouse North PoP. Currently suspect that there is a Power failure in our Suite. Telehouse Engineers ae currently investigating. More info as I have it.

Thanks

Simon

Simon Day
Network Improvement Consultant
PlusNet Plc
wildmind
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 09:01:51 am »

Thanks for the info Simon.

Appreciate the update.
wildmind
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 09:09:31 am »

Inevitable question - isn't there a UPS?

(I know the engineers are working to resolve the issue - but you just KNOW that this question will be asked Wink)
Simon Day

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 09:15:09 am »

Inevitable question - isn't there a UPS?

Yes there is. They have obvioulsy had a significant failure on there power systems.

Simon Day
PlusNet Plc
wildmind
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 09:15:51 am »

Cheers Smiley
fenlandbroadband

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 09:23:13 am »

Unfortunate I know, but it sort of backs up my thoughts in the capex topic - it doesn't matter how much money is poured in to something, and how much resillient kit you (or anyone) has got, it can still fail and leave problems.

I realise if there's been a general power failure that has knocked lots of businesses offline at TeleHouse then it's not really something that PlusNet specifically can sort out, but it'd seem there's a lot of equipment located there which that one failure has caused not to work (the phones for example) so hopefully that'll be changed in the very near future so it can't be the case going forwards - was this covered by one of the points in the 2006/7 capex plan?
JamesMichell

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 09:23:52 am »

Can anyone tell us on which areas of the country this is having an effect?
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 09:24:43 am »

All over. Your ADSL will either terminate at Telehouse North or Telehouse East at random AFAIK.

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
JamesMichell

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 09:28:58 am »

Thanks Colin. My own connection to my offices is still fine, but a client about 25 miles away is having problems. Does that mean that if he reboots his router he could get a connection to Telhouse East?
fenlandbroadband

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 09:31:00 am »

Thanks Colin. My own connection to my offices is still fine, but a client about 25 miles away is having problems. Does that mean that if he reboots his router he could get a connection to Telhouse East?

Yes.

Although, if he's on an LLU provided service though then I believe they only terminate at Telehouse North? (that ol' single point of failure thing again...)
BigFatCat

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 09:49:53 am »

North, East, South or West - No amount of rebooting gets me reconnected and I'm on half meg brontoDSL.

And the Monkey flips the switch
Simon Day

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 09:55:45 am »

We are currently looking into the load on the Radius Servers. Should see some improvement shortly.

Simon Day
PlusNet Plc
Simon Day

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 10:08:56 am »

LLU customers are now connecting and working correctly.

Telehouse have said that the are working closely with their Infrastructure providor to resolve the issue.

Simon Day
PlusNet Plc
Simon Day

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 10:25:02 am »

Customers should now have more joy in connecting. We have by passed a radius issue and we are now seeing 3 BT Centrals as full as well as all LLU Customer having the ability to connect.

Simon Day
PlusNet Plc
barkest

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 10:46:33 am »

Any IT Director who did not have a workable/fully tested backup to the main services, this means all essential services such as telephones and must have IT services would be walking home with their p45.

Yet again we hear the same tired old apologies - not good enough I am afraid. Its mickey mouse and as soon as I have the connection back I will be leaving.

Pathetic doesn't even come close.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: