Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Urgent help needed by PN
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Urgent help needed by PN  (Read 3590 times)
apollo_it

« on: August 09, 2006, 06:47:50 pm »

PN,

Please tend to ticket 20031807 BEFORE you submit the order to BT and we all get railroaded....

My client has signed up (via me) about an hour ago for BB+, only to tell me afterwards that he is (get this!) on a DIAL UP contract with "supanet"!!! I have never heard of such a crock of sh*te!! I checked its out and he's right...

He's tied into that for another 9 months so we need to stop the BB order now.

I have been on hold for 80 minutes with no answer, its just playing that god awful Piano music.

I have to deal with this, as I have reassured the client I will handle the situation. Please help me out here.. shocked
Ultra

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 07:06:28 pm »

re Supanet and 12 month contracts, yes, saw that when a friend was stuck with only being able to use them, when she'd bought a PC in the local store and then wanted some help with setting it up...  Tesco had PCs for about 450 quid which were "locked" to dial only Supanet.  I bet someone in their buying department was more than a little unhappy when customers couldn't use their new Tesco-bought PC to dial into Tesco.Net !

In the case of my friend, after complaining to the Tesco store, she was called back within 96 hours, and given some detailed instructions for how to get the dial-up modem "unlocked" to be able to dial any ISP.  I don't recall the full details (18+ months ago) but it seemed to be a registry thing to block other numbers. 
kitz

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 08:23:29 pm »

Ive heard of this several times in the past... well the PCs being set up only to work with supanet.

Theres a way of getting rid of the software (I believe you used to have to pay for a cd to remove it)...  but the term you need is
"deoptimise supanet"...  and theres several refs to it on the net
http://www.itreviews.co.uk/discuss/8/6

I havent heard of the 12 month dial up contract before though, but from following those instructions Ive seen people switch back to their *own isp*.  Didnt think dial up came on 12 month contracts..  its not like they have to pay a BTw connection fee is it? Sad

Dont forget the Geeks!
kitz 2005
mr_chris

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 08:49:44 pm »

Someone I referred to PN about 6 months ago had to wait for his Tiscali 12 month dialup contract to end... and I just found out today that they'd kept on trying to bill him - he got the money back from his bank straight away under the DD guarantee - and then Tiscali sent a solicitors letter to him.. etc - not sure of the exact details.

Fortunately for him, he's the sort of guy that gets stuck into something like this, he's keeping a file on it and everything Wink

Chris
Ultra

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 10:25:23 pm »

@kitz - "deoptimise supanet" - love it...
Odds are stacked against someone finding that while they are on Supanet PAYG...

It's while they are on PAYG and no doubt get some Supanet "home" page that they'll see the Supanet "anytime" offering, which is the one with the 12 months contract.  Just noticed the page shows "From 4.99/month" yet the two options given on signup and info are 9.99 or 11.99 !  Also - Supanet had some of the same directors as the ill-fated Time and Tiny groups, so keeping a user for 12 months might have just been a financial plan for the firm...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 10:28:46 pm by NetGuy »
jwhiting

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 07:39:44 am »

Just to keep things updated, this has been resolved for apollo_it

--
| Jonathan Whiting           Broadband Solutions for
| Technical Support Analyst        Home & Business @
| PlusNet plc.                          www.plus.net
+ ----- PlusNet - The Smarter Way To Broadband ------

Regards,

Jon Whiting
Pages: [1]