Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » (insert suitably hacked-off title here) Updated:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (insert suitably hacked-off title here) Updated:  (Read 6097 times)
Loombucket

« on: August 07, 2006, 11:10:50 am »

(Sorry, but I couldn't think of a printable title)

I don't like people who flood forums with "me too" comments and threads, neither do I like seeing Plusnet dragged through the mire unduly, so for those reasons I have stayed largely out of the various discussions but can do so no more.

Briefly, I am an I.T. professional with a customer base of small businesses and individuals.  I have used Plusnet for nine years and now have upwards of 40 customers with Plusnet, mainly due to PN's hitherto excellent service.  Like everyone else I and my customers have suffered badly from PN's recent problems and I'm now on the verge of migrating my entire customer base away from PN.  The final straws that broke the camel's back are different from those commonly aired here...

A customer moving offices needed ADSL at the new premises and I arranged for a PN business a/c.  BT delays notwithstanding, everything went ahead until I initiated the domain hosting import on the Thursday prior to their (weekend) office move.  By Friday PM nothing had happened so contacting PN commenced.  (Long and sorry saga omitted at this point)  By the following Tuesday after many daily phone calls to CSC the domain transfer was still not completed and my customer was dead in the water - no website, no email service, his customers believing he had gone bust, etc. and in desperation we migrated the domain away to another provider.  Within 2 hours email started to flow and all was fine again, no thanks to PN.

It transpired much later that PN had a problem with their domain importing routine in that the zonefile was not being created.  This was compounded horribly by Plusnet staff being unable to do more than delete/re-import the domain over and over again despite all previous attempts failing.  It was only on the Tuesday morning (six days after the initial problem) that anybody thought to escalate it to the Networks team!  They never bothered to respond to it either.

During all this, not a single Question ticket was ever answered.   angry

...neither did any indication of the problem appear in the Service Status until a week after my experience with it, nor was I ever told of it's existence.

I wrote to Carole Axe (  rolleyes ) on July 18th detailing the problems and asking several specific questions.  So far I have received one automated placatory email and a phone message while I was out to the effect that someone would call me the following day (the callback never happened).  Needless to say I have had no further response.  (Question ID: 19918052 refers here)

My other problem is that my referral discounts have been gradually decreasing, despite the fact that I KNOW that none of my customers have migrated away or cancelled with PN (yet...), yet when I called PN about it I was told very curtly that I could not have any information regarding which of MY referrals were no longer being paid as it was confidential information!   shocked

Please, if there is anybody reading this (that haven't already been bored rigid by it) from Plusnet that can or will take these problems up, they might just manage to retain over 40 assorted ADSL accounts from migrating elsewhere, which is what I'm about to initiate.  I've always been a loyal Plusnet customer and advocate but I feel that now this is being thrown back in my face.

undecided

« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 06:07:06 pm by Loombucket »

I have the physique of a god - unfortunately it's Bhudda.
eugeneg

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 12:52:15 pm »

I would like to add my support particularly to the attempt to get the details of the referrals.  It is quite ridiculous to say that the *usernames* (not any details beyond that) are private. When I asked about this I was told that the Data Protection Act prevented PN disclosing this information [are there any lawyers reading this?].

If I created the accounts and am listed as collecting referrals, surely I should be able to check that PN are honouring their part of the deal by identifying those accounts which go to make up the referral sum paid.
kitz

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 01:04:37 pm »

>> my referral discounts have been gradually decreasing

Was it just last months billing that seemed a bit lower, there is a problem ( id 33455), last month when some referral credits got missed.
AFAIK It should be corrected at next billing.

Dont forget the Geeks!
kitz 2005
Loombucket

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 01:12:11 pm »

The decrease has been over the last three months.  I was told at one stage that "any missed referral rebates would be reinstated at the next billing" (I suspect this is the standard fob-off) but (needless to say) it hasn't happened.

rolleyes

simonflood

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 02:34:55 pm »

The decrease has been over the last three months.  I was told at one stage that "any missed referral rebates would be reinstated at the next billing" (I suspect this is the standard fob-off) but (needless to say) it hasn't happened.

In June my referral discount was incorrect but when I questioned PlusNet I was given the standard fob-off.  Needless to say my referral discount was correct the months before June and for July (but the mistake was not corrected in July).

Given how little I trust PlusNet at the moment I want to see corrections in my account details and bank account itself rather than be told "it'll be fixed next month".

In the past I would have wished to have your number of referrals but the ways things are with PlusNet right now I think I'm glad I don't.

Simon
bpullen
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 04:13:57 pm »

@loombucket,

As per our telephone conversation earlier today, I'd like to extend my apologies on behalf of the company for the problems you've experienced. I'm going to do what I can to minimise the potential for these sorts of things to happen going forwards.

I've credited the account with the domain issues as a goodwill gesture and am going to tackle your referral discount problem as soon as I get the chance.

As kitz has mentioned I did raise a problem about incorrect referral values last month that has since been resolved. This should see some positive feedback come customers' next billing dates. I'll happily look into any referral issues after this if people affected find there still to be oddities.

Kind Regards,

Loombucket

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 06:05:39 pm »

Just to expand on this a bit...

Within four hours of my starting this thread I had a phone call from Bob Pullen.  He was more than just concerned and apologetic - he'd already gone to considerable lengths to locate information on the problems prior to telephoning and was able to check further having obtained further info. from me.  He could not have been more helpful and has taken ownership of the issues I raised with a view to sorting them promptly and ensuring they don't recur.

The discussion was detailed, productive and entirely bullsh*t-free on his part.  Since speaking to me he has already taken action and will continue tomorrow.

I don't think I could ask for more, do you?

Thanks Bob.

L33

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 06:17:06 pm »

I don't think I could ask for more, do you?
No but Bob cannot do that for every one of Plus' customers when there is a problem.  Here in the usergroup you get just the tip of the iceberg and that is why you have been dealt with in this way.

It transpired much later that PN had a problem with their domain importing routine in that the zonefile was not being created.  This was compounded horribly by Plusnet staff being unable to do more than delete/re-import the domain over and over again despite all previous attempts failing.  It was only on the Tuesday morning (six days after the initial problem) that anybody thought to escalate it to the Networks team!  They never bothered to respond to it either.
During all this, not a single Question ticket was ever answered.   angry
...neither did any indication of the problem appear in the Service Status until a week after my experience with it, nor was I ever told of it's existence.
So you were left at sea for days on end at which point..

I wrote to Carole Axe (  rolleyes ) on July 18th detailing the problems and asking several specific questions.  So far I have received one automated placatory email and a phone message while I was out to the effect that someone would call me the following day (the callback never happened).  Needless to say I have had no further response.
Plus were ignoring your problems it seems

My other problem is that my referral discounts have been gradually decreasing, despite the fact that I KNOW that none of my customers have migrated away or cancelled with PN (yet...), yet when I called PN about it I was told very curtly that I could not have any information regarding which of MY referrals were no longer being paid as it was confidential information!   shocked
Something many others are seeing.  On that note I better check my own!

Please, if there is anybody reading this (that haven't already been bored rigid by it) from Plusnet that can or will take these problems up, they might just manage to retain over 40 assorted ADSL accounts from migrating elsewhere, which is what I'm about to initiate.  I've always been a loyal Plusnet customer and advocate but I feel that now this is being thrown back in my face.
It took you considerable effort to sort this out and you've decided that you'll stick with Plus after all?  Go back to the third day you were getting nothing back from Plus and remember your feelings at the time?  I hope you don't live to regret that decision!  wink
LC100

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 07:51:09 pm »

Hi

No but Bob cannot do that for every one of Plus' customers when there is a problem.  Here in the usergroup you get just the tip of the iceberg and that is why you have been dealt with in this way.

Absolutely well put.  Damage limitation is all that happens in public forums, the vast majority of customers just have to struggle on without any special treatment.
Loombucket

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 11:44:37 pm »

Agreed entirely with the last two posts, but if one is going to castigate Plusnet for poor or non-existent service, one should also be prepared to acknowledge good service or prompt rectification of issues which is surely what PUG is all about.

If you REALLY want to experience a UG that gets no support whatever from its target, go join the Netgear User Group.  Then you might appreciate the input from Plusnet staff a little more.

rolleyes

L33

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 12:15:17 am »

...but if one is going to castigate Plusnet for poor or non-existent service, one should also be prepared to acknowledge good service or prompt rectification of issues which is surely what PUG is all about.
But you're missing the point - we should not need to be here in the first place! smiley  The only reason you're here is because you've done everything you could think of and you'd hit a brick wall.  As I mentioned this is the tip of the iceberg and they've got to respond here to keep the public image up.  I can't give them credit (although I understand Bob & Ian putting effort in on individual cases) when they fail so miserably in so many other areas!

If you REALLY want to experience a UG that gets no support whatever from its target, go join the Netgear User Group.  Then you might appreciate the input from Plusnet staff a little more.
Been there, done that cry
Still, like with Netgear, if the customer service was there in the first place then these forums would be so much more friendly and quiet (well, at least I wouldn't be here  wink grin)!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: