Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Announcements » New LLU FAQ Posted
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New LLU FAQ Posted  (Read 19115 times)
morrisinc

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 06:55:11 am »

As someone participating in the PUG forums, you always make a good test case though, so myself and James would be happy to help you through any of those changes in return for some feedback about what works best.

I would also be interest in this offer. I'm currently trying to get my SNR lowered to 9db from 12db.  Its been a bit of a game of ticket tennis.  But assistants from Mand and others in the Comms Team have helped it a long.

Phil
JBailey

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 05:44:37 pm »

Petervaughan is currently the test case...

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
Complaints Manager
Plusnet
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 06:19:38 pm »

So, a clear list of changes:

- PAYG customers have been migrated. I think it's silly to rule this out for the future, the answer needs clarifying.

- MTU Values need to talk about user experience as well as recommended values from Tiscali.

- Clarification on the points about changing an SNR value.

- ADSL 2+ with support for speeds above 8000 will depend on the number of users at the exchange meeting a threshold of between

- What a long standing fault is - My feeling is that this is a loss of connectivty for 14 days, but I need to confirm everyone understands that before we make it official. An intermittent fault is harder to judge, because losing synch once a day is different to losing it once a minute (Which I'd define as no connectivity).

Did I miss anything guys?

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
Kritifile

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 11:10:10 pm »

Ian, if I am LLUd I'm happy to provide feedback as a test case for people with high attenuation and a stable 6 dB Fast Path BT profile.

As for MMU, I can confirm that 1458 is the ideal for Btw and PlusNet, by doing many pings and setting my MTU at the largest unfragmented packet size. Maybe Tiscalli have the same, or maybe it's a PlusNet thing though. I can't test because my exchange isn't, as far as I know, due to have Tiscalli LLU equipment installed until sometime this month... assuming my source is correct.

I received the original email in May, so my exchange is certainly on the list.
Daved

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2006, 10:01:51 am »

Ian and James,

No mention of the email making the opt out more prominent as you mentioned a few days ago.
Can we have this mentioned in the FAQ please. What is the progress on this email?

Dave

dillons on Plusnet forum
JBailey

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2006, 01:44:54 am »

There's no point mentioning something on the FAQ that hasn't happened Smiley

I'll see if I can find out if there has been any progress on Monday.

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
Complaints Manager
Plusnet
Daved

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2006, 07:07:59 pm »

There's no point mentioning something on the FAQ that hasn't happened Smiley

I'll see if I can find out if there has been any progress on Monday.

You mentioned it in a FAQ once before.
Ian said he didn't leave it out of the FAQ on purpose.

Any news?

dillons on Plusnet forum
Daved

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 07:00:53 pm »

Any progress?

dillons on Plusnet forum
Loombucket

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2006, 11:31:12 am »

Ian, two points which may help....

1) I am a PAYG customer and am being LLU'd on August 29th.  I was given no prior warning or option, just an email which arrived on the 18th.  I hope this clarifies the situation with regards to PAYG's being LLU'd.

2) I am willing to provide stage-by-stage feedback of my experiences as LLU progresses.  I have a currently stable 3.7mbps MaxDSL connection running through a DG834 router to two XP boxes (I am quite a distance from the DSLAM) and will be glad to do something that might help or inform others as it is now too late for me to either opt out or leave.  (My feelings regarding this have already been expressed elsewhere, so I'll keep it technical here.)

If so, let me know via PM and I'll start a new thread.

I have the physique of a god - unfortunately it's Bhudda.
WilliamG

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2006, 01:33:51 pm »

Next to actually losing a broadband connection, the worst thing about this is the lack of communication and outright disinformation from Plusnet.

I am now on LLU, but no one who looked at my ticket about my lost connection seemed to know that.
 In fact they assured me that I was still with BT rolleyes

I've not had any emails to say I've been LLU'd, and I've had a week of frustration trying to figure out what's wrong. I wasted several hours hunting down spare modems, checking my PC etc. I also lost out on a lot of important emails and other persaonal business that I do over the net.

It seems clear that the LLU thing has been rolled out without nearly enough preparation.

I'm not hugely technical- the discussions about SNR and packet loss etc mostly go over my head- but I do know my way around the forums and the portal. All the same, I wasn't able to discover that LLU was at the root of my current problem without a lot of digging and persistence.

I'll bet there are hundreds or thousands of other Plusnet users who've lost their connection but haven't got the spare modems &c that would enable them to get on the net to raise a ticket or check their mail...so they resort to phoning in on 0845(if they can remember the number),only to get a canned response.If they're lucky they might even speak to someone (for what it's worth).

Plusnet has of late been appealing to new internet users,and make it all sound so simple and easy(just look at the front page of the portal). These new members won't know what's hit them.

In my opinion,and as a matter of urgency, Plus should have prominent and unambiguous links to known problems(like LLU issues) on the front of the Portal.
 In fact the links should be on all pages of the portal and Plus should make it clear that there are major problems that are affecting 1000s of users, and should be doing everything they can to communicate that fact to those potentially(and actually) affected.

Failing to send so much as an email is really inexcusable, and points to one of two things. Incompetence at the least, and duplicity at the worst.

By failing to inform us of these things, Plus has already lost the confidence of many long standing customers, and if they don't do something to correct it soon, I think thousands will be deserting them at the nearest opportunity.

That won't help anyone, least of all those of us who've been surreptitiously moved to LLU and are therefore committed to Plusnet,come what may.
amcclean

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2006, 10:36:00 pm »

Personally I'm a tad peeved off with this update.

PAYG will not be LLU'd!! The payg part on pn website states upto 24mb. http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_payg.shtml

There is NO ** "llu depends on user numbers on an each enabled exchange and that it'll be given to customers on lower advertised speed packages 1st" statement.

It quite clearly states upto 24 when available. If my exchange were to be LLu'd by tiscalli then I'd expect the 24mb to be available. Like previous promotions there are more hidden claues which are not menitoned.

As the payg package is advertised as up to 24mb when available while other packages are only advertised as up to 8mb, making payg customers wait until those on lower speeds are moved 1st is not really fair. Of course if there is a reasonable explanation for this wait then that is a different matter but at present there is no obviuos reason why payg customers with upto 24mb pacakages will not be llu'd before those on lower speed packages.

I moved to payg as it was the only pn package to state upto 24mb and was cheaper for me in comparison to permier 1.
Now I'm finding that I'm going to have to wait until people on slower speeds are moved over 1st is making me wonder why it was advertised as upto 24 in the 1st place.

Not happy.

A

Ultra

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 12:40:34 pm »

My guess is that showing "up to 24 Mbps" is actually a mistake because on other pages, I've most recently only seen 8 Mbps.

I thought that not showing 24 Mbps was likely to be to do with the very low chance of getting such a speed, and things like the Advertising Standards...

As for expecting the highest speed to be available, that's perhaps rather optimistic, given there are others who are very unhappy at the problems which have come about when they have been switched to LLU.
Oldjim

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 01:07:27 pm »

That's interesting - it used to say up to 24 mbps - just checked the March Newsletter
Broadband PAYG
Great news - all usage between midnight and 8am will be FREE! Thatís 8 hours of free broadband a day!

PAYG customers will be upgraded, for free, to up to 24Mb speeds once available, making this a great way to get really fast speeds for a low monthly price.

MrBob

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 05:54:14 pm »

I cannot agree more that Plusnet have done a very poor job at informing it's members about LLU, I recieved an email saying I was being upgraded, however there is no mention about LLU anywhere in the email, you have to click on the link before you even see LLU mentioned, see attached link http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/network_suppliers.shtml

Once migrated if things go bad (Connection speeds, stability etc) you are knackered, not to mention only a very few number of isp accept LLU migrations, personally I would advise anyone to opt out of LLU, this will enable you to have freedom to move isp if you don't recieve the service you pay for.

Next to actually losing a broadband connection, the worst thing about this is the lack of communication and outright disinformation from Plusnet.

I am now on LLU, but no one who looked at my ticket about my lost connection seemed to know that.
 In fact they assured me that I was still with BT rolleyes

I've not had any emails to say I've been LLU'd, and I've had a week of frustration trying to figure out what's wrong. I wasted several hours hunting down spare modems, checking my PC etc. I also lost out on a lot of important emails and other persaonal business that I do over the net.

It seems clear that the LLU thing has been rolled out without nearly enough preparation.

I'm not hugely technical- the discussions about SNR and packet loss etc mostly go over my head- but I do know my way around the forums and the portal. All the same, I wasn't able to discover that LLU was at the root of my current problem without a lot of digging and persistence.

I'll bet there are hundreds or thousands of other Plusnet users who've lost their connection but haven't got the spare modems &c that would enable them to get on the net to raise a ticket or check their mail...so they resort to phoning in on 0845(if they can remember the number),only to get a canned response.If they're lucky they might even speak to someone (for what it's worth).

Plusnet has of late been appealing to new internet users,and make it all sound so simple and easy(just look at the front page of the portal). These new members won't know what's hit them.

In my opinion,and as a matter of urgency, Plus should have prominent and unambiguous links to known problems(like LLU issues) on the front of the Portal.
 In fact the links should be on all pages of the portal and Plus should make it clear that there are major problems that are affecting 1000s of users, and should be doing everything they can to communicate that fact to those potentially(and actually) affected.

Failing to send so much as an email is really inexcusable, and points to one of two things. Incompetence at the least, and duplicity at the worst.

By failing to inform us of these things, Plus has already lost the confidence of many long standing customers, and if they don't do something to correct it soon, I think thousands will be deserting them at the nearest opportunity.

That won't help anyone, least of all those of us who've been surreptitiously moved to LLU and are therefore committed to Plusnet,come what may.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: