Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » A typical example
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A typical example  (Read 11137 times)
glloyd

« on: July 04, 2006, 09:38:29 am »

The new L/Line option details (or lack of )is a typical example of how PlusNet generate work for their C/S. Below is listed the details published:-

Included calls to UK landlines and top 20 international destinations**
Great rates on all other calls
Line rental included
One bill for broadband, line rental and calls
View Tariff

Now who in their right mind is going to move their telephone over to PlusNet with such scetchy details? Result = Those who may be interested will try to get an answer by phoning or raising a ticket = More work for C/S which = more delays in getting other enquires/problems sorted out.

Regards

George
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 01:13:34 pm »

So, what details are we missing?

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
glloyd

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 01:27:51 pm »

Well customers will need to know the cost of the premiem services and fault reporting which is not included in the details as above. For instance is there going to be a seperate number for reporting L/Line faults or will customers have to go through the normal C/S? This is very important because customers will not want to wait for hours trying to get through to C/S if they have lost their phone.

Regards

George
Liam

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 04:20:38 pm »

Customers will be supported (at least for the time being) by leaving a message with CS through the IVR system and somebody eventually calling them back. Interesting given that if your phone is broken, they assume you'll have another contact number readily available.

The extra features cost £1 or £1.50 and can also be bought in Bundles. As per the news item i wrote today and is now on the PUG front page and news section, this will be clarified on the portal shortly.

Liam Martin
PlusNet UserGroup Member & Ex-PlusNet Comms Team Staffer!
BBYW & Business Premier User | DG834G Lover
Wormeries
amcclean

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 07:27:23 pm »

That system of fault reporting puts me off completly. There is no way I'll spend a hr in a neighbours house on their phone or on hold on my mobile.

A
ianwild

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 11:05:23 am »

As Liam said, the fault reporting process for a 'hard' (as in very broken) landline connection is to leave a message detailing the fault (no waiting!). We then run a triage style analasis and will then contact you back (On a mobile number normally).

It's a method we are trialling currently, and it seems to be working quite well at the moment, although we won't really be able to assess the effectiveness of this for another few weeks.

Regards,

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
amcclean

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 11:55:05 am »

HI Ian,

I take it then that the number we call is basically straight to answerphone/similar and there is no que to wait in to leave a message.
A
Tom

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 11:55:07 am »

I think the number you call is the same one you call for ADSL support. The difference being you follow the prompts for L/Line instead of ADSL.

I think this is the aim anyway.

Tom
Ultra

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 02:49:04 pm »

I hope PN, since they presumably collect the call records, can now make the calls to their 0845 numbers free for anyone using their service (which may reduce complaints if there is a delay in answering).

I have not had need to call TalkTalk on their 0870 CS number in years - in fact I don't believe I have ever spoken to them, but used e-mail once and signed up online... but they cancel out charges for calls to their CS 0870 number for customers from a valid line...  I'm with them for billing only (CPS) so if I dial 150 I should go through to BT faults (not had need to use them, either!)

(I wouldn't touch TalkTalk for ADSL, but since this was a voice line thread...)

@glloyd - can I urge you to put something more specific on subject lines ?

If this was "PN site has limited phone deal info" then IMHO, it would be much clearer what the main problem was, and the secondary one, of "more work for CS" would have been seen in your opening paragraph. 

It's probably too difficult for you to change now, but I hope you'd agree that it would have been clearer, when looking at the discussions, to see what this was about.
Rob B

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 01:19:39 am »

The voicemail system isn't good enough. If my internet connection goes off, I don't want to have to wait hours and days for a reply, I want to speak to someone. The reason people want good telephone support is so they can talk to someone quickly when something goes wrong.

I am not a fluent speaker, I have a bad stutter and even have a hard time when speaking to a support agent, so leaving clear messages with important information isn't really my forté.

PLUSNET, for goodness sake, all we ask for is the knowledge that we can talk to someone promptly when something goes wrong. Is there a reason why you can't put website gimmicks on hold and invest in more phone agents?
ianwild

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 01:33:15 pm »

Hi Rob,

It really isn't that simple - We spent a long time employing a lot of CSC agents, and in relaity the quality of our support deteriorated. At the moment, our focus is on reducing backlogs and ensuring the quality of our answers. When we have done this, hopefully sooner rather than later, the support experience everyone gets shouldbe a lot better than it has been of late.

There are a lot of reasons as to why we got overloaded within support - I don't believe personally that any were related to the amount of bums on seats within the support centre.

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
glloyd

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 11:52:38 am »

It stands to reason that if you don't have enough "bums on seats" then there will not be enough people to answer calls or tickets. It's a rediculous situation that customers who have a fault cannot speak to someone to get their problem solved or have to wait days to get a ticket answered. If recruiting C/S agents did work it can only be down to the lack of training of those agents.

This is not a situation that has suddenly happend, C/S has been getting worse as the customer base has grown with constant promises things will get better but instead they have got worse. There appears to be an attitude within PlusNet now - We don't promise you a service 100% of the time so if thing go wrong you will just have to wait until we get round to fixing it and if you have no service tough luck we don't have the staff to deal with it.

The whole attitude of PlusNet now is customers with problems are just a pain in the backside that we could well do without.

Regards

George
pcsni

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 11:59:27 am »

It stands to reason that if you don't have enough "bums on seats" then there will not be enough people to answer calls or tickets.

Point taken, but there is always the quality over quantity argument.

What would be the point in having 100 agents providing poor responses which in themselves add to the back log with customers returning tickets unsatisfied with the response given.

50 fully trained and experienced agents working towards a first time fix would be a far more effective proposition imho. (Figures are purely for illustration purposes)

Bums on seats is not always the answer.

glloyd

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 12:04:13 pm »

The answer is to TRAIN the 100 agents so they give the service customers expect not get rid of them. Any company that blaims it's staff due to their lack of knowledge is not doing it's job properly.

Regards

George
pcsni

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 12:09:33 pm »

Perhaps I am not getting the point across too well.

If the organisation can operate effectively with 50 quality agents who operate on a first time fix basis when and where possible, there would be no need for an additional 50 sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

If support is structured with quality in mind then there is no need for 100 agents.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: