Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH  (Read 4193 times)
Tam

100Mb via Enta.net :D

« on: June 15, 2006, 11:24:04 am »

STOP SPAMMING THE SERVICE STATUS CHANNELS!

ARRRGGGGHHH ....

Its bloody great that James sodding Bailey is 26 next week and still looks like a kid ... BUT ... I dont need to know about it in service status ....!

ARRRGGGHHH!!

And dont even get me started on the spun to hell DSL max annocument, again its Service Status.

Keep it plain Keep it simple in service status, thats what its there for ..

All i want is
x is shagged it should be fixed by z
and then
x is fixed fault was blah blah.

Thats all we should be gettting

« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 11:35:48 am by Tam »

Penny

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 09:49:18 am »

ARRRGGGGHHH ....

Its bloody great that James sodding Bailey is 26 next week and still looks like a kid

..... (etc.)

Tam,

There have to be more civilised ways of registering your displeasure. PlusNet are doing their best to sort out the Support issues and the Comms Team just sent out an inoffensive posting with some info about who they are and about the more direct channel that has been created for escalating issues where required.

Technically I think we'd agree with you (that it was probably best not output on service status) but that's no reason to make such a song and dance about it.

Penny.

Penny Rollo       Force 9 from 17/02/98       PlusNet from 2000 onwards     
Project HappyChild - free maths worksheets, free French-English
worksheets and 12 other languages http://www.happychild.org.uk
personal site www.pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Liam

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 09:55:55 am »

I actually have to disagree Tam. I did like the nice personal touch to James' post and it gave the Comms team a bit of a face and personality. Have no problem with it going out via Service Status as thats the best way to get it to everyone who might want to read it.

Liam Martin
PlusNet UserGroup Member & Ex-PlusNet Comms Team Staffer!
BBYW & Business Premier User | DG834G Lover
Wormeries
Tam

100Mb via Enta.net :D

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 10:15:47 am »

I actually have to disagree Tam. I did like the nice personal touch to James' post and it gave the Comms team a bit of a face and personality. Have no problem with it going out via Service Status as thats the best way to get it to everyone who might want to read it.

Liam, i think you need to look at how the service status is used.

For you I'd guess it gets delievered to your mailbox, you read it when you download the messages, and thats it.

Correct?

Now lets look at how i use them,
E-mail is delivered to my exchange server, its replicated to 5 other support agents and 1 internal support mailbox. It's then sent to 5 blackberries. Its also picked from the internal support mailbox and added to our support desk database as an "urgent" issue - so any customers phoning us - we can see straight away if PlusNet have an open issue at present.

So 1 unusefull message sent via SS means 5 internal e-mails 5 blackberry e-mails and an non needed open support ticket in our call log.

And dont even get me started about when Mand presses the submit button 5 times  wink  grin

FWIW - I have sent James some examples of other service status annoucments i get, I cannot show these publicly, but hopefully james will share if needed with members of PUG.

JBailey

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 10:38:12 am »

Tam's right.  Comms Announcement going on SS wasn't quite my best ever idea.

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
Complaints Manager
Plusnet
Ultra

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 01:58:57 pm »

Maybe "right" but in fact, it surely gets the message over (an intro to the key people) to the users keen enough to be seeing the service status announcements, and those users are most likely to be viewing/chatting in the web discussions, with those members of staff.

I thought the subject line was a bit OTT and gives no hint of the actual reason for the post (which is "core" to making for meaningful use of any discussion service, IMO, even if not part of the "forum rules" - sorry, have not checked if it is mentioned for this area!).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: