Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » CCGI so slow
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CCGI so slow  (Read 5836 times)
borpin

« on: June 13, 2006, 10:40:59 pm »

Why is the CCGI platform so poor and PN so disinterested.  By the time they get around to answering the ticket (12 hours at the moment and counting) the problem has gone again.  They never seem to be bothered to check the logs for a problem.

It is exceptionally poor service.

nossum

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 10:51:01 pm »

I noticed this problem 24 hours ago and checked the service status - nothing

I have the same problem tonight - my web site took 10 minutes to load

I check out the service status - nothing

I ring up and the chap says "Yes there is a problem its been elevated to level 1 status". 

So where is the statement on service status?

"Ahhh - I'll ask someone to do one!"

Cmon guys - that statement you made about customer service - what should I think?
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 10:55:35 pm »

It's just been made just now...

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
jelv1

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 09:28:54 am »

One thing I have noticed is that when this occurs not everyone sees the problem - even when viewing the same site. This is because there are multiple ccgi servers and usually only one is affected. The way the load balancing works an individual user will usually keep getting the same server.

I've added a bit of code to the footer of my forums to display the server name so that if problems occur I can point to a particular server.

jelv
kitz

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 04:02:05 pm »

Mines running really slow right now. :/

Dont forget the Geeks!
kitz 2005
jelv1

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 05:21:24 pm »

Mine's going at full speed at present (Hostname: ccgi02.plus.net)

jelv
kitz

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 08:05:14 pm »

Mines crawling and wont open right now :/

Dont forget the Geeks!
kitz 2005
jelv1

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 09:14:26 pm »

URL?

Have you put anything in to show you the server you are hitting?

jelv
nossum

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 09:26:40 pm »

Ok I was quick off the mark to criticise last night, so I should do the same tonight and say thank you to Colin and the PN team for "doing something".

I dont understand why there isnt a cause to explain why a number of users reported their websites on go slow or stop (I actually timed mine - over 8 minutes to come up the first time and then painfully slow...)

Tonight its ok after an initial slow start

Whats the timescale for these analytical tools and what sort of information will they give to the PN team?

kitz

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 11:04:52 pm »

Thanks jelv ever so much for the script, I'll get that put up on my forum in a mo....  mucho appreciated Smiley

Dont forget the Geeks!
kitz 2005
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: