Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Why are available, useful tools inaccessible on the portal?
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are available, useful tools inaccessible on the portal?  (Read 11071 times)
johngie

« on: June 13, 2006, 07:10:25 pm »

I was searching for the 'Maximum Stable Rate' tool to see how my new MaxDSL connection was shaping up. It's nowhere to be found on the portal. It does exist, but why is it a secret?
What other useful tools do PlusNet hide from its customers?  undecided

johngie
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 07:19:34 pm »

That's the only one I can think of, and I believe that:

1) It should be available but was missed
2) It is being rectified.

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
dtomlinson
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 09:28:18 pm »

Hi,

There should be an icon for customers who have been maxed (and not for those that haven't). This is in the problem pool for the developers to work on.

Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
PlusNet Support
chillypenguin

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 09:31:42 pm »

This is the link you are looking for;
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate

But is anyone asks you did not get it from me. wink

Chilly

No Polar Bears were harmed in making this post.
"Not free from Faults, nor yet too vain to mend."
kitz

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 12:16:02 am »

>> There should be an icon for customers who have been maxed (and not for those that haven't).

I havent got one either yet Ive been maxed.  :/

Dont forget the Geeks!
kitz 2005
petervaughan
Usergroup Member

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 12:23:35 am »

Because the developers have not fixed the outstanding problem that will add the icon under connection settings.
CountryBumpkin

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 08:25:11 am »

Thanks for the link Chilly smiley That has answered a lot of my queries about what speed I should be getting. It's a pity CS don't seem to know about it. It would save a lot of time all round if CS just told customers what their current MSR was and how to possibly improve it.

Mind you, I still find an MSR of 5500 (for my line) hard to believe. I've always synched at 8128/448 and have tried both the "switch it off frequently" and the "leave it switched on" strategy to no avail.

So maybe there's something in the "switch it off once a day" school of thought; but at what time, and for how long? I think we should be told  wink

Keep cow manure in the country and bull manure in the city.
petervaughan
Usergroup Member

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 09:59:57 am »

Please note the stable rate page does not show your MSR (Maximum Stable Rate) but your stable rate or to give it its corect name your data rate.

It is not possible to see your MSR.
johngie

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 05:41:53 pm »

Hi,

There should be an icon for customers who have been maxed (and not for those that haven't). This is in the problem pool for the developers to work on.

This is the puzzle. My router has been saying I have a sync speed of 8128 for about 5 days, but tool is saying 2000. So have I not been maxed and, if not, why is my router syncing, stably, at 8128? The fact that there's no link to the tool on my portal suggests you haven't maxed me although my router thinks you have.  undecided So what am I waiting for?

(Username: coedana)
mr_chris

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 06:08:11 pm »

You have been maxed... Plusnet either (a) haven't received what's called a "Delta report" from BT, giving notice of your speed, or (b) have received the report but it hasn't registered in their systems that you've been maxed.

If you've been syncing at 8Mb for more than 10 days, you should definitely be seeing faster speeds by now.

Chris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: