Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » "Have you tried restarting the hardware"....
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Have you tried restarting the hardware"....  (Read 3572 times)
intelli

echo "Hello World!";

« on: June 09, 2006, 11:23:22 pm »

...at no suprise this is usually the first thing that any tech support person will say to a customer, rightfully so also. My problem is not with that question it's with the scenario of, "yes, I've restarted the hardware several times", "ok chris, no problem can you try it with a different filter", "Yes I can Mr tech support guy, would you mind holding 10-15 seconds (literally!) whilst I try that...?", "Actually chris, you try that and call us back"....

How!, exactly is this good technical support?!

I understand there may be many people in the queue but quite frankly I don't care about anyone else. I pay my (semi) hard earned money to you (f9) for an active internet connection and you force me to make a call to you, at my cost, tell me to do something that by the times the tech support guy I'm talking too has finished explaining I need to call back I could have done in that time...he/she hangs up and I have to spend yet more time in a queue, waiting again!

Surely F9/Plusnet want to help customers not provide them with yet another reason to leave, they should stay on that line (noting it's at the customers cost!) and fix that customers problem to reduce calls in the longrun. Whilst at the same time, educating their userbase so perhaps next time, the user can try something themselves and save the call in the first place.

Incredibly frustrating talking to a tech support guy and having to call back in 5-10minutes (or my case 20 sec) to be told to action something completely different.

I agree with your email "If you're not happy, then  we're not happy! PlusNet Customer Support Update" and I hope your new scheme (and team leader!) will actually help customers and not just generate more calls for your new phone system (which I'd like to add is terrible*)

Rgds

Chris M

* It's terrible because if you follow the "My connection doesn't work" route you told to check the website for updates and help...interesting point. One flaw though... at that time I DID NOT have a working connection!!
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 02:35:33 am »

Yes - This s certainly a process that needs to be reviewed (See my post form earlier in the annoucnements section of our portal), and I agree that the worst thing in the world is to be told to call back after doing something that will take 20 seconds.

There is a balance. When I was a CSC agent, I remember frequently waiting anything up to 5 minutes for people to boot up their PCs after they had called and I'd asked them to actually try something on their machine! Doing that is just not something that's fair on us in these days where we do have lots of calls waiting - Someone else should get the attention.

Regards,

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
mr_chris

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 09:55:42 am »

Bit of a difference there, and there is a balance as you say.

Someone calling up with a fault, without being in front of the PC, and especially if it's switched off, is being ignorant, and unfairly wasting the time of the CSC.

Changing a filter will take 20 seconds at the most, as you say, and it's the CSC that's unfair in this case. Especially given the queue lengths on the phones at the moment...

Chris
intelli

echo "Hello World!";

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 09:00:45 pm »

Thanks for replying guys,

I'm glad someone in plusnet/f9 has seen this and that you guys are changing your focus back to the customers, like the good old days.

I've been with Plusnet/F9 for seven and a half years, although you maybe have lost focus in the last 6months or so, you are hands down the best ISP.

C.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: