Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Service Status updates
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Service Status updates  (Read 3956 times)
jelv1

« on: May 30, 2006, 05:39:55 pm »

Yet again there are service status updates overdue: "Other" was due an update 22/05/2006 @ 17:00 - only a week late.

Isn't it about time that something was put in the system monitoring to flag up when updates are overdue?

jelv
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 05:21:10 pm »

A lot of the problem to my mind is the lack of threading in the tool - I missed the update being due, but am not even sure which issue that update was due on (Presumably VMBU).

We are looking to get some development time to imporve the tool, but in the mean time this is something myself and James are really looking to crack down on, and I think we have come up with a process that should stop this happening until we have something that works more effectively from this side.

Regards,

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 05:23:50 pm »

I could bombard you with emails every minute for 3hrs before the deadline if you want Tongue

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
biondani

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 07:16:32 pm »

I could bombard you with emails every minute for 3hrs before the deadline if you want Tongue
Are you sure the emails would arrive on time wink

Ian

3rd Line Wintel Support
Virgin Media XXL Customer
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 10:48:51 pm »

Now Now Ian!

Colin - Feel free to make that so - It can't hurt Smiley

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild