Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Suspension of "bulk order" tool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspension of "bulk order" tool.  (Read 6945 times)
Ultra

« on: May 21, 2006, 02:37:09 pm »

My thanks to Dave Tomlinson, who posted in plusnet.service.customer-feedback about this.

I have since seen some other posts, commenting on whether PN staff knew of the problems at BT Wholesale, or whether ISPs in general knew, and were keeping it quiet, rather than point the finger and be "persona non grata" evermore at BTW :->   However, what's not clear is where information about this has been posted for "general consumption". 

Someone queried it being on the Service Status and looking at the "traffic light" display, or the usergroup front page, neither "Internet Connectivity" nor "ADSL dial" have any notes about this (and IMO, it would be an idea for PN to show a title, rather than just "Service Status Messages").

Looking at the front page of the PUG site, there's no mention of DSL Max ordering being suspended until 06/06/06, and I don't think I've seen anything by e-mail.

I suppose one might consider it unreasonable to send out notification to everyone, as in a full customer-wide mass mailing, given there has in recent times been the mail saying that the speed changes would be coming (I don't remember if it suggested coming months!), but for those at Metronet, for example, there was a notification that DSL Max regrading would be starting at the end of May, and that's not going to be the case, given the action from BTW.  I get mail from the Metronet servicestatus.net mail list, and there's been nothing in the last couple of days AFAIK, nor on the plusnet.service.announce/status groups (which are the places I'd most expect to see such notification).

Anyway, it was really a note for those who had not seen it mentioned elsewhere...  and might want to check here as well as check the newsgroup for Dave's post of Thursday just gone.  I have not checked the web discussion areas on PN or ADSLguide, but he may have posted on those areas too...  just that ADSLguide has no news item about this suspension of new orders, nor Net4Now.com and while it's on The Register it is hidden down in Telecom/Broadband rather than Internet  so might not be spotted very easily.

I found it interesting to see that some 35,000 Plus.Net customers have had DSL Max but they didn't manage to get all the PAYG (about 20,000 customers) orders placed in the weeks they have been handling DSL Max changes.  Shame that, though a small number of grumblers among the Premier account holders (some of whom have now got DSL Max, may be laughing they had it enabled, except for the fact they're seeing the sync speed up high and traffic coming in at the same old 2000 kbps, so something more to grumble about, and maybe as a PAYG customer who had not yet had DSL Max, I should now have a quiet chuckle...)
petervaughan
Usergroup Member

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 03:11:41 pm »

ADSLguide announcement by James here and discussion here.

PN forum announcement by Jon here and discussion here.

The reason there is nothing on service status is because it in not customer affecting - i.e. it does not impact any of the services the PN supply because it is in internal ordering system between BTW and PlusNet.
Ultra

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 03:26:52 pm »

>  ... it in not customer affecting ...

Not sure quite how you consider it so...  it affects those who are PAYG customers and cannot now have an order placed before 06/06/06 and similarly for customers of Metronet - who were told that orders for DSL Max would start at end of May... 

Two weeks of being unable to place orders is perhaps only 10,000 affected, but if this drags on longer, it will be more delay for even more users. 

It also explains why some of the low speeds have not been adjusted to higher levels, and the "reboot your router" responses (or whatever else has been suggested) might not have worked, because of BT's systems doing nothing about the higher speeds.

Seems odd that this area, for customers of F9, FO, MN and PN, had no news of it...
I thought it was meant to be a "central resource for all".  I must be mistaken.
Anyway, thanks for the links to AG/PN. 
wildmind
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 04:18:57 pm »

We are currently working on an article regarding the migration tool but are also considering some of the bigger issues surrounding DSLMax as this cannot be deemed a successful launch by BT at all.

petervaughan
Usergroup Member

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 04:22:48 pm »

A PUG news article is in progress but being a voluntary group, we cannot always find the time to react as quickly as we would like.

By not customer affecting I mean it is not affecting anyones ability to use their ADSL connection or any of the other services PlusNet offer. Service status relates to the services PlusNet offer, not delays in upgrades or problems with the tools/systems used for upgrade requests to BTW, which afterall, has actually been delayed well over a year if you consider when PN originally announced the up to 8Mbs products.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 04:24:19 pm by petervaughan »
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 04:32:37 pm »

But, when you consider that other things regarding MaxDSL, for example the optout etc., went out on Service Status, I see no reason why this should not, either.

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
Ultra

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 12:52:48 am »

Thanks for all feedback.  I guess a longer article will take some time, but a note that there will be a reduction in the number of orders placed while the "bulk order tool" is suspended would have been enough, with the option of links to PN announcements.

While not expecting "trivia" to be put online to have a daily snippet of news, if there are things happening (and this was not "insignificant"), and not being mentioned on the PUG site, or in your forums, people will never come here to look for info, and there would be limited benefit from having a central point of contact.
petervaughan
Usergroup Member

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 12:57:46 am »

This is something we hope to address shortly and is being discussed internally. We are looking to produce news articals much more frequently than we do now which should cover these types of incidents.
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 01:06:34 pm »

What we would like to do here is produce a shorter statement for SS and link to the PUG news article. This way we can present the most balanced view possible I feel....

Cheers,

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
Liam

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 08:27:53 pm »

This was done earlier. See PUG Homepage.

Liam Martin
PlusNet UserGroup Member & Ex-PlusNet Comms Team Staffer!
BBYW & Business Premier User | DG834G Lover
Wormeries
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: