Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Phone System Hell
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Phone System Hell  (Read 11206 times)
Tam

100Mb via Enta.net :D

« on: May 19, 2006, 11:31:20 am »

1) I CANNOT believe that you get cut off because all the agents are busy .
This means you just spend 20 mins hitting redial. Pissing people RIGHT off !

2) The options .... are massive... there are far tooo many to choose from in the menu system and far to many layers .. lets be honest - 90% of all those options take you to the same operators anyway.

3) The lag on the phone system is greater than the lag on games (theres a first!) choosing any option results in around 8 - 10 seconds of silence while it thinks about it.

4) The DTMF option system leaves no time for you to choose an option at the end of the list..
i.e. press 1 for xx press 2 for yyy press 3 for zzzz then you press 1 after that as its the most appropriate option, only to hear the complete list repeated as your option was ignored as theres no time to choose after the last option.

If anyone was under the impression that the old system was bad - this new one is a complete joke and just shows the lack of commitment to customer service. You certainly will not win any awards for customer service this year.

Liam

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 12:27:49 pm »

Actually, as far as I am aware, Plusnet are now routing the calls much more intelligently.

I personally like the new system. And I haven't experienced any lag when testing.

There were some isues with it at the weekend - I don't know if they have yet been resolved.

Liam Martin
PlusNet UserGroup Member & Ex-PlusNet Comms Team Staffer!
BBYW & Business Premier User | DG834G Lover
Wormeries
Tam

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 12:35:06 pm »

FWIW - this was my experiance 30 seconds ish before i posted here.

ALthough - obviously the system is working how PN want it to .... as i still cannot get through so have given up ...

I may try later, i may just live with it, i may just move the accoutn away ... all of which appear easier to do then contact PN.

ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 01:40:40 pm »

Why is it obvious it is working as we want Tam?

If those problems exist, then we need to fix them.

FYI, we are using skills based call routing now, so the options play a big part in who you get through in the CSC.

I'll test the stuff with timing around keying digits - That seems like something we could fix easily, as does waiting between options.

I think we need to have more of a think about this waiting time issue. At the moment, we have set the system so that if the queue is 30 minutes or more, the system asks you to call back later. It may work better if we simply present a warning at longer than 20 or 30 minutes. The idea was to not force customers to hang on for too long rather than anything sinister.

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
Tam

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 01:44:23 pm »

Aren't you shocked and disappointed that you have a waiting time of over 30 mins ??

I know i would be if i had to deal with customer service.

Liam

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 01:44:32 pm »

What would be good is the option to leave your number and have the agent call you back when you get to the front of the queue.

However, this would put more load on the CSC as everyone would do this rather than hang up.

Liam Martin
PlusNet UserGroup Member & Ex-PlusNet Comms Team Staffer!
BBYW & Business Premier User | DG834G Lover
Wormeries
Tam

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 01:49:02 pm »

What would be good is the option to leave your number and have the agent call you back when you get to the front of the queue.

However, this would put more load on the CSC as everyone would do this rather than hang up.

Think thats not a bad idea - except for the cost that plusnet would get for all the calls it would have to make back to its callers, think of the shareholders  wink

Although some BT services offer this - as do certain other ISP's.

sharkyinternet

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 01:54:03 pm »

With the new phone system they have lost half the statistics on teh support pages too i raise a ticket about it yesturday and they replied back with "we have had to remove it due to the new phone system. And once we have worked out how the new system reports we may be able to get it back, but dont hold us to that" lol wink
ianwild

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 01:54:49 pm »

Yeah Liam, we see the value of something like that and are working on it for the future, but at the moment the priority is on getting the more basic things right. The cost itself is not the issue, but the process would need a lot of work and done wrongly something like this could result in a worse customer experience all round.

Tam - I can be as shocked or otherwise as I like about such things, but that doesn't help fix the problem. There are lots of things we are doing to get better in the support team, some of which you see, some you don't. There isn't an instant solution short of outsourcing or offshoring like lots of other ISPs have done. Thats a route we won't go down, but with a bit more planning and some important changes to our support remit (such as not hand holding customers through setting up their email and the like on the 0845 line), I really do believe we can solve this. 

The CSC are under a lot of pressure right now, especially with all the Max issues being reported, but I certainly think there is enough resource there and it's just a case of us getting the applicaton of that resource right.

Cheers,

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
Tam

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 02:05:32 pm »

Ian ... during the night hours - I see about 3 members of staff in.

This is surely a massive area that can be improved on, think about all the tickets (sorry "questions") and additional calls that they can take if there were say - 20 people there.

ianwild

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 03:09:49 pm »

Indeed... There are normally 4 on a nightshift I believe, and the plan is to also have network engineers (working on network tickets and monitoring the platform) 24/7 too. Also, don't forget that quite a few of the CSC now operate remotely and I think a lot of what we do in the future may well be based on home working, which of course is easy for us thanks to our entirely web based operating enviroment.

Regards,

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
Tam

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 03:12:44 pm »

Indeed... There are normally 4 on a nightshift I believe, and the plan is to also have network engineers (working on network tickets and monitoring the platform) 24/7 too. Also, don't forget that quite a few of the CSC now operate remotely and I think a lot of what we do in the future may well be based on home working, which of course is easy for us thanks to our entirely web based operating enviroment.

Regards,

Ian

Until of course your dsl network goes down, then no one will be able to access your system OR call you... not even the support staff to find out whats going on! Or would you issue your home workers a more reliable cable connection  wink

ianwild

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 03:22:43 pm »

There is no way cable is more reliable than DSL, at least not where I live Smiley

I reckon it's revert to dial-up if that happens.

The phone system itself should cope with such an incident because it's just a case of serving a service status annoucement and it was scoped with that in mind.

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
John

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2006, 06:40:08 am »

Quote from: Tam
Think thats not a bad idea - except for the cost that plusnet would get for all the calls it would have to make back to its callers, think of the shareholders  wink

If PlusNet introduced a the BT call back option then all it would cost the customer would be 10p plus the cost of the call when it finally called back... It would relieve a lot of the frustration felt by continually hitting the redial button.

Would this be far to simple for PlusNet to implement?

John
AKA theattic on the other place.
sharkyinternet

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2006, 06:45:33 am »

I would agree with you John i dont think i would want to forfit even more money to cal support as i already do  huh
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: