Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Announcements » PUG News: 25/04/06
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: PUG News: 25/04/06  (Read 62203 times)
wildmind
« on: April 25, 2006, 01:52:38 pm »

All,

I know a few people have the PUG site on RSS feed but for those who don't we have published the following articles today

1) Broadband Usage figures for March

2) PlusNet tops a YouGov Survey
Oldjim

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 01:59:57 pm »

My first thought on looking at the usage figues is that a lot of Premier customers should switch to PAYG.
Second thought - which is correct - total usage per customer or premier usage per customer as they can't be the same
Third thought - assuming the vales for Premier are correct the average usage for all premier customers has increased from 10.98 GB to 13.57 GB and for the bottom 90% from 5.36 GB to 7.65 GB when comparing with the information provided on 11 Dec 2005.
Must be worrying for PlusNet
sharkyinternet

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 07:28:20 pm »

Quote from: wildmind
All,

I know a few people have the PUG site on RSS feed but for those who don't we have published the following articles today

2) PlusNet tops a YouGov Survey hahaha, PN must have paid them to get up there cus in my books they wouldnt even be on the graph lol  lol
kitz

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 07:56:39 pm »

From here

uswitch commissioned YouGov, one of the UK's leading market research companies to conduct a survey of broadband customers.

Independent research

YouGov carried out the survey between (27th February 2006 and 6th March 2006). The sample for the survey was carefully selected and controlled so that it was representative of the adult population as a whole. Respondents were members of the YouGov panel and cover all ages, socio economic groups and regions of Britain.

afaik, I dont think any of the ISPs were aware that uswitch were carrying out the survey.

Dont forget the Geeks!
kitz 2005
sharkyinternet

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 07:58:22 pm »

lol  lol
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 12:35:12 am »

Quote from: sharkyinternet
PN must have paid them to get up there cus in my books they wouldnt even be on the graph lol  lol

Dean - Can I challenge you here - I think your comments are very unfounded. I for one welcome your input here, but if all you want to do is troll, can I respectfully suggest that the PUG forums are not the place for it.

We would love to answer your questions and address any concerns you have - Perhaps you could tell us what leads you to such conclusions and we can have a reasonable, grown up dialogue about it - We are in an excellent environment for such conversations here and we at PlusNet are very keen to engage our customers in that way because we know it is the best way for us to become stronger and really understand our customers requirements.

I rarely find cynicism moves anything forwards, and I for one prefer progress over wallowing every time.

Regards,

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
sharkyinternet

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 12:55:35 am »

You see Ian i have garn past that stage of being the grown up way of talking to PN staff. Now don't talk to me about grown up, i have a local I.T. business of my own within witch is very successful. This has been achieved by letting customers air their views freely about my products and services. So i would ask you not to be so patronizing about this. Because in the past it got me nowhere and to be quite frank you sound un-professional. You have to understand the reason for my BAN on the customer forums was because of my view were not welcome, now i thought a forum is used to air your views but obviously they are not welcome anywhere on PN network. So why bother with forum systems when a customer wants to air say a rant. Im sorry if this sounds off or maybe out of place or even not welcome, but you can clearly see in not happy also the ban that was imposed on me 3 months ago for no reason other than airing my views still stands when i was told that it would be removed after 1 month. So ban me if you like i will just become one more statistic for you.

I don't understand other organisations that use forum system allow their customers / members to air their views and rants about thier products / services and level of service, without having moderators PM'ing you warning you of a ban for un-welcome posts. Now i hope this answers you question well enough

Now Ian i would like to forget about this and move on. Now i would recommend you look into the detailed PM i that i sent to you, in reply to yours. If you didn't read it let me remind you again without posting the whole of it in here for all to see. I stated in my PM to you.
As long as i don't receive a PM from you or any other mod, then i will do as you request but only if you stick to your end of the bargain

Now you see im a person that will not let go easy, as you can appreciate im a businessman and its in my nature to fight for something i believe in. Now im prepared in this case to let it go, But don't let me slip into a trance where i will get myself banned because of an evil mod or PN members of staff.

If you have not revived the PM i apologise and if you would like a copy i will be happy to send you one upon request
wildmind
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 08:28:01 am »

Dean,

You need to note that Ian Wild and Wildmind are two distinct and different people!!! And yes, there is photographic evidence to prove that Wink You PMd me earlier this evening in response to a message I sent you.

Whilst we are happy for people to air their views here - it isn't acceptable to just rant and rave in a non-constructive manner.

Everyone who posts here are subject to our Terms And Conditions of Use (there is also a brief summary here)

I should also state that we are NOT a PlusNet site - we are an independant group and a member of PlusNet staff cannot ban you or block you. BUT if we feel that you are breaking any of the T&Cs of the forums we will impose a ban (temporary or in persisten cases, permanent) - we don't want to, but we have users visit who do not visit any other forums and we want all people to feel their is a friendly, constructive atmosphere where positive and negative discussions can take place in a reasoned manner.

If you cannot manage to discuss issues in this way then PUG isn't the place for you I'm afraid.
John

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 09:44:08 am »

To be fair to Dean you have to understand his scepticism. If you study the survey it was taken from 297 responses; there are more than that in a poll on the PlusNet forums on certain occasions; out of those 297 people polled there were 170 who were either very satisfied or fairly satisfied.

The difference between Tiscali and PlusNet was 9%. Take that in context with the very small, almost insignificant amount of people polled and the results are not that much to crow about really are they?

On a positive note though, PlusNet did reach the top of that poll and considering the hard times they are undergoing and possible restructuring, I can see why they should advertise the findings as positive. I would if I were them.

By the way, on a completely different note; PUG always state they are independent to Plusnet, yet this is the second time that a member of Plusnet's staff have intervened in a post and threatened or suggested, in Ian's case, that the poster had better stop posting negative/trolling posts.

This can't be correct for a totally independent site from PlusNet, surely?  Smiley

John
AKA theattic on the other place.
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 11:26:14 pm »

I made my own opinion known - I never mentioning banning, and would never want to get involved in that. There are only two past cases PlusNet removed someone from the forum, and I think we learnt to leave it to the customers to moderate their own forums from then on in.

People can make their own minds up on the rest of the thread.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
John

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 12:14:18 am »

Quote from: ianwild
I never mentioning banning, and would never want to get involved in that.

I can't see any reason why you should or have recommend a ban Ian; to be honest.  Smiley

John
AKA theattic on the other place.
sharkyinternet

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 03:38:20 am »

Dean,

You need to note that Ian Wild and Wildmind are two distinct and different people!!! And yes, there is photographic evidence to prove that Wink You PMd me earlier this evening in response to a message I sent you.

Whilst we are happy for people to air their views here - it isn't acceptable to just rant and rave in a non-constructive manner.

Everyone who posts here are subject to our Terms And Conditions of Use (there is also a brief summary here)

I should also state that we are NOT a PlusNet site - we are an independant group and a member of PlusNet staff cannot ban you or block you. BUT if we feel that you are breaking any of the T&Cs of the forums we will impose a ban (temporary or in persisten cases, permanent) - we don't want to, but we have users visit who do not visit any other forums and we want all people to feel their is a friendly, constructive atmosphere where positive and negative discussions can take place in a reasoned manner.

If you cannot manage to discuss issues in this way then PUG isn't the place for you I'm afraid.

Well its quite clear from this message that negative posts are not welcome weather they meet your so called T&C's or not. Now like i said before you leave me to get on and i will stick by the rules and stop provoking me into engaging me into an argument with you or any other members of the usergroup, mods or staff.

Now like i said before without keeping repeating myself and also without being too out of line, But i and others im sure know the basic theory of a forum system, is to allow its members to be able to post/air positive and negative posts without having PUG mods or PN staff emailing you telling you that your negative posts are not welcome. Now i do not have the time to sit here writing assays explaining on what a forum system is designed for, as im sure you already know that.

Like i said before you leave me alone and i will leave you alone and stick by the rules. Also like i said in my last post to you. Im a man that will fight to the bitter end if need be and within reason, so please bare this in mind. I do not wish to sound out of place, rude or even sarcastic but please don't forget i am a customer not a peace of dog muck that you scrapped off the bottom of your shoe. But i remind you that the address to get to PN PUG site is http://usergroup.plus.net/ this is a sub domain name to www.plus.net , witch correct me if im wrong but that is the PN main website. So as far as i, and many other normal PUG users this is a PN forum no matter what you say. now finally (I HOPE) i will repeat this again

if you leave me alone i will stick by the rules if you don't i will continue ranting and then you will serve me a ban witch i do not want. So PLEASE!!!! comply with my request and i will comply with yours wink
sharkyinternet

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 03:41:38 am »

Quote from: John
To be fair to Dean you have to understand his scepticism. If you study the survey it was taken from 297 responses; there are more than that in a poll on the PlusNet forums on certain occasions; out of those 297 people polled there were 170 who were either very satisfied or fairly satisfied.

The difference between Tiscali and PlusNet was 9%. Take that in context with the very small, almost insignificant amount of people polled and the results are not that much to crow about really are they?

On a positive note though, PlusNet did reach the top of that poll and considering the hard times they are undergoing and possible restructuring, I can see why they should advertise the findings as positive. I would if I were them.

By the way, on a completely different note; PUG always state they are independent to Plusnet, yet this is the second time that a member of Plusnet's staff have intervened in a post and threatened or suggested, in Ian's case, that the poster had better stop posting negative/trolling posts.

This can't be correct for a totally independent site from PlusNet, surely?  Smiley

Hi John nice to see you came into this on a positive think mannor i like to see someone is more constructive on this matter i total agree with you on the below quote

This can't be correct for a totally independent site from PlusNet, surely?

The words kinda speak for themselfs wink
sharkyinternet

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 03:47:59 am »

Quote from: ianwild
I made my own opinion known - I never mentioning banning, and would never want to get involved in that. There are only two past cases PlusNet removed someone from the forum, and I think we learnt to leave it to the customers to moderate their own forums from then on in.

People can make their own minds up on the rest of the thread.

Yes Ian Banning was mentioned, and it was you that played a part a BIG part in my banning on the PN customer forums, (Within witch i will repeate still hasn't been removed 3 months down the line, even though i was told it would be removed after 1 month) again still hasn't been removed i know this is a fact because i was told that you advised them and had involvement within the final decision. Even though i may add that PN keep saying its not ran by PN or even staffed by members of the staffing team PN. Even the mods on there told me that they were in no way connected to the PN website. But that was total rubbish if that was the case, why is it linked in directly from the customer portal?

I don't understand i think this topic deservers answers from a higher level don't you think?
sharkyinternet

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 03:54:44 am »

On that note lets get back on topic to the original topic in question ( PUG News: 25/04/06 ). wink  laugh

All,

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: