Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » new account testing
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new account testing  (Read 7022 times)
grake

« on: March 31, 2006, 10:54:40 am »

can anyone  confirm if the usergroup have been testing the new accounts that we are going to be placed on?, ie new vmbu, different peak times and modified allowances.

Thanks
wildmind
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 11:35:16 am »

Hi Grake,

Yup - we are testing each of the different Plus and Premier products to check them out and make sure automation, emails and VMBU are working.

It's interesting stuff as we're having to thrash connections to hit the limits as quickly as we can laugh My poor PCs don't know what sleep is...

Amazing how many Linux ISOs are out there to test with
JBailey

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 11:37:45 am »

Grake, FYI:

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=2348319

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
Complaints Manager
Plusnet
Oldjim

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 01:30:03 pm »

Can I ask that as part of the testing of the new BB+ account you try ftp downloads from non PlusNet sites and report the speeds being obtained at peak times when still within the 3GB limit
wildmind
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 01:40:40 pm »

Hi there Jim,

We are certainly testing things such as this... but we can't post results at the moment as they are internal tests and our results differ regularly as work is done on tweaking and tuning and checking different elements out.

FWIW - we are downloading using:
Torrent / P2P
Usenet (Binaries and Text)
FTP (PN and non-PN)
HTTP

Plus other usage such as:
Streaming Media,
VoIP,
Email,
Browsing etc etc
Oldjim

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 01:46:31 pm »

Thank you Mike,
That will certainly help with users like me who are on PAYG 3GB included with no P2P usage and are looking at changing once the new system is in place.
Will it be possible to publish the overall results after the testing period has been completed. Even an indicative range would be extremely valuable.
petervaughan
Usergroup Member

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 02:07:14 pm »

Publishing results may prove difficult as I for one am not keeping notes on the speeds I am seeing. In many cases we are running multiple connections / protocols at the same time and getting a feeling for how fast various things are going and testing how well the prioritisation of traffic is working. We are also trying to max out the accounts as quickly as possible to test what happens when you reach various limits and this often occurs overnight or when at work and when you only have a 1Mbs line it can take a long time on the bigger accounts.

All I will add is if we see speeds that appear incorrect  or certain high priority traffic is being affected by other traffic we report it for investigation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: