Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Giving out MAC keys
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving out MAC keys  (Read 7149 times)
mr_chris

« on: February 20, 2006, 01:16:02 pm »

As per this thread on ADSLGuide, when this user was given his MAC key, it was provided in a ticket which is then closed, therefore not viewable on the main "contact us" page without viewing all tickets.

Perhaps the ticket could be left open, or alternatively CS should ensure that email update notification for the ticket containing the MAC Key was selected before issuing the ticket with the key.

Just a thought.

Chris
Liam

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 01:49:38 pm »

I didn't think the CSC staff could close tickets raised by EU's.

Liam Martin
PlusNet UserGroup Member & Ex-PlusNet Comms Team Staffer!
BBYW & Business Premier User | DG834G Lover
Wormeries
mr_chris

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 01:52:43 pm »

No they can't, but if the CS staff open a new ticket with the MAC key in, and then close it, perhaps this is what's happened here?

Chris
petervaughan
Usergroup Member

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 01:58:58 pm »

Fron the first post of the thread:

I requested a MAC key from PlusNet, which they say they have provided under another ticket number.
Liam

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 09:51:55 pm »

Ah right... my apologies for not reading the linked thread.

Why do they do this? Why not just reply to the users request in the ticket?

Liam Martin
PlusNet UserGroup Member & Ex-PlusNet Comms Team Staffer!
BBYW & Business Premier User | DG834G Lover
Wormeries
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 01:56:57 pm »

When the system in question is available, The MAC key is generated automatically and the details emailed to the customers contact details. In these cases the information is also automatically placed on the account as a contact, which is a ticket that is automatically raised in a closed state.  

We need to do some training on this and improve the process a little (The number should be pasted into the open ticket too), but it isn't the case that people are not easily able to get hold of their ticket number, either in their email or by viewing all queries.

Regards,

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
sharkyinternet

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 02:06:14 pm »

the MAC key can be found from the new support assistant tool  grin
Ultra

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 12:58:59 am »

For Ian Wild...

I guess when a MAC is issued, you also need to put a block on someone having their connection being placed onto LLU as a recent thread on ADSLguide makes clear things can go pretty badly wrong... 
petervaughan
Usergroup Member

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 01:08:48 am »

My understanding of what that posted stated, the LLU order had already been placed before they requested their MAC so your suggestion would not have helped in that situation.

The whole issue of LLU and the fact people are not getting emails indicating the LLU order has been placed and then giving people time to opt-out has still to be fully explained / resolved. There have been several reported cases of people wanting to migrate out but were unable to because their LLU order had already been placed and could not be cancelled.

So the issue is not just related to MACs but giving people adequate warning of te pending move so they can decide fr themselves if they want it or not. The opt-out system is only a partial solution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: