Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Announcements » Welcome to the PlusNet UserGroup Forums!!!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to the PlusNet UserGroup Forums!!!  (Read 24122 times)
John

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2006, 10:36:25 pm »

Quote from: wildmind
... but we wanted to be able to make the site fille more of the page (full width) and wanted a bit more flexability with it.

Mike

laugh  I like this feature also.

See linky[/url] on my demonstration site. I must admit to only discovering this alteration to the chosen .css style after an enquiry concerning the anomaly explicit to the full page rendering, about three months ago Smiley.

My  translation differs from yours; both templates share common roots, however wink .

The question remains, does your site render ok with your mates apple mac machine using IE5, with the template that you are now using?

John
AKA theattic on the other place.
Assos

Mad Student Barperson!!

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006, 11:19:45 pm »

Quote from: wildmind

The PUG site used to be based on Alexis but it's now our own custom template written totally in CSS (W3C valid CSS and XHTML as well laugh)

That'll keep pr100 happy Tongue

Can I ask did you manage to fix the collapsing of the menus when more than 2 levels at all or have you just re-arranged the site so you can't see the effects like we did with plusnetters?

Daniel McGiff

"We believe that if we provide a quality service, customers will stay with us we don't need a long contractual obligation." PlusNet (September 2006)
John

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2006, 01:26:17 am »

Quote from: dmcgiff

Can I ask did you manage to fix the collapsing of the menus when more than 2 levels?

Daniel, have a look here [/url]; you will find that the PUGers had already solved this problem that had plagued you for so long  wink

Only jesting Tongue

John
AKA theattic on the other place.
wildmind
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2006, 09:39:29 am »

John,

Yes - the site rendered properly on IE5 on an older mac using the CSS based template.

I suspect it's a problem with the table layout rendering within Mac IE5 that makes Alexis Redux not work... although it seems to work in every other browser under the sun!
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2006, 03:21:20 pm »

Can I ask did you manage to fix the collapsing of the menus when more than 2 levels at all or have you just re-arranged the site so you can't see the effects like we did with plusnetters?

I'm not sure what problem you're meaning here...

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
wildmind
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2006, 03:32:38 pm »

Quote from: csogilvie

I'm not sure what problem you're meaning here...

If I'm reading this properly it's the well known and much loved bug in MenuBuilder which kept causing the menu on the LHS to collapse when you went to 2 levels deep...
Assos

Mad Student Barperson!!

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2006, 03:37:16 pm »

yip

Daniel McGiff

"We believe that if we provide a quality service, customers will stay with us we don't need a long contractual obligation." PlusNet (September 2006)
Ultra

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2006, 10:00:39 am »

Given the comments in some other thread about display of IP, it might be worth an addition to the initial posting here, to mention that display of your own IP is normal on a forum, and only the poster (and moderators) can see the IP addresses, but other users won't.

I know it is to prevent 'abuse' where someone who might be barred could try to use another username to continue posting, so mention it. 

I don't know whether blocking it done primarily with cookies or IP, but clearly with many Broadband Plus users being on dynamic IP, it's not guaranteed to prevent abuses but goes some way, though hopefully the "need" will be very low anyway!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: